The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

IMG_3369.jpg

I drove by this weekend and it looked like the Food Hall was imminent. Anyone have any T?

I work in town and when I come into town on visits, I look at this building and I see yesterday's old bulky industrial age building versus today's modern sleek, and slender look. This is, of course, my opinion, and certainly, I have read a number of similar comments from other members. But between this building and the residential building, taller would have been so much better for both of the buildings given their location and impact on the skyline.

I drove by this weekend and it looked like the Food Hall was imminent. Anyone have any T?

The food hall has been physically ready to open since April 2020. I am surprised it hasn't opened at all this summer, but I'm guessing there hasn't been enough foot traffic to warrant it open during week days for most vendors.

Walk by it every day wondering the same. The whole field office actually wonders too lol. I've been told by someone that their social media channels aren't exactly active. Hopefully things will work out in the end.

from B&T on Aug 5th:
Operator Patina Restaurant Group will host a job fair Thursday for the 16,000-square-foot food court at The Hub on Causeway, which had been scheduled to open in 2020 but put on hold during the pandemic.
The Delaware North Co. subsidiary said it’s offering $1,000 bonuses and will be making immediate offers for eligible positions at the Hub Hall.
An opening date has not been announced. Patina Restaurant Group and the TD Garden did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Has there been any word of a new operator for the Arclight?

Has there been any word of a new operator for the Arclight?
Not yet. If there'll be any 'industry' news, you can count on Deadline Hollywood to report it. Most recently, they featured this article 7 days ago that confirms 8 of the 10 new AMC Theater theaters will include former Arclight theaters. However, not the Boston one. The Arclight Cinerama Dome in Hollywood is still unaccounted for... and based on the sentiment of the filmmaking and cinephile community out West, I cannot envision a scenario where they'd welcome AMC purchasing that property... to the point where I have a suspicion some passionate filmmaker(s) may step in to purchase it out right. Tarantino just bought the Vista Theater out there, for example. I would not be the least bit surprised if James Cameron, Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg, or someone else from that echelon did the same for the remaining Arclight properties. I'm x-ing my fingers that Boston's deep-pocketed filmmakers step in and do the same.

Back