The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

fig2c_11.gif

Wow. Species-specific warning signs. I had no idea.

btw that elk is majestic af.

Do these photos mean that the tower is under construction, or the podium? Are they connected?

Do these photos mean that the tower is under construction, or the podium? Are they connected?

Podium first, then office tower when/if they get a tenant. The residential/hotel is presumably going up once the podium is complete, IIRC. Both the residential/hotel and office tower will be on top of the podium.

Based off the plans, it looks like the steel they're putting up at the moment will stretch over the docking/loading area for the BOH, or over the new MBTA section.

Hard to believe they won't find a tenant when building on top of a major transportation center. The location is phenomenal.

Thank you for telling me this. It makes sense. Right in the middle of the West End, on North Station, plus Boston is the place to be.

They won't outright cancel it but I could definitely see a long delay for the office tower if the office market tanks and they can't find a tenant.

Breathtaking renderings both for their perspective and their ability to will invisible the cluster of massive-ass Bulfinch Crossing tower complex that is set to go up--in fact, is going up as I type this [albeit in phased stages]--at the Government Center Garage.

I'd love to know the decision-making behind why they decided to do those renderings minus Bulfinch Crossing...

I'd love to know the decision-making behind why they decided to do those renderings minus Bulfinch Crossing...

It is not their project. Architects don't have the time (read: money) to render every f-ing building around. Further - these are from Copley-Wolff, a landscape architect. They only care about rendering the patios they are designing.

It is not their project. Architects don't have the time (read: money) to render every f-ing building around. Further - these are from Copley-Wolff, a landscape architect. They only care about rendering the patios they are designing.

Exactly. Copley Wolff is a sub to Solomon Cordwell Buenz, and since this is a larger mixed-use development (a transit oriented development, really), and the developer is likely trying to promote all aspects of it, might as well make some pretty pictures for potential buyers.

I love landscape architects and their renderings. They make everything look so vibrant and natural (albeit unrealistic). I would also like to crash that pool party ...

Fair enough and good point. Still seems awfully misleading to me, but, as you say, time is money and technically the vantage point portrayed is authentic as of now, although set to change rapidly and dramatically as far as I know. I'm not sure they even included Millennium Tower, by the way?

It wouldn't include it the base picture they are using for the background doesn't even show One Canal so it isn't all that recent and like others said no point in adding other developers buildings in.

Back