The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

why on earth would they do that?

aside from preferring the original facade so much more (who wouldn't), i seriously don't get what the upside was for the developer or owner to cover the previous exterior. like, what's the possible point?

According to the old thread for 123 Causeway, McDonald's (who owned it back then) received a permit ten years ago to remove the cast concrete and bluestone front for 'safety' reasons. I doubt it was salvaged.

Is the other tower going up now? I thought they were waiting for a tenant... but I may be misremembering.

Big_Night_Live_rendering_feat.jpg

“A pair of major concert operators is planning to open a 2,000-person performance venue in the fall of 2019 next to TD Garden.”

“a 200-seat Mexican restaurant will be part of the club, which will have multiple tiers and big windows behind the stage that look out at Boston Harbor and the Zakim Bridge.”

https://boston.curbed.com/platform/amp/boston-development/2019/3/18/18267836/new-boston-performance-venues-3-major-ones-planned-at-major-spots

Hopefully it will really shoot up! All steel, no concrete core + 2 tower cranes!

Whoa...are they starting on the office building already???

Haha, Boston construction is so slow I thought it would be a year between completeion of the residential tower and start of the office tower, lol.

The office tower already has a foundation, so it doesn't take long to start.

IMG-20190326-165909.jpg

Back