The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Yeah Avalon North looks pretty ordinary to say the least. I'm afraid Bulfinch Crossing Residential will be similalrly unimpressive. I guess they can't all be like MT, 1 Dalton, or TD Garden.

Yeah Avalon North looks pretty ordinary to say the least. I'm afraid Bulfinch Crossing Residential will be similalrly unimpressive.

I agree with you on Avalon North but gotta disagree with you on the Bulfinch residential building! I think it will make a striking addition to the skyline based on what's already showing!

The trim pattern on the glass for the res tower came out so close to perfect--such a nice surprise. The thing i like about these Chicago Lakefront condo towers, is they make the old garbage look like better background bldgs. And there's still potential for more height in reserve at North Station and Charles River Park.

hope the glass can get close to this good at Post Office Square.

Yeah Avalon North looks pretty ordinary to say the least. I'm afraid Bulfinch Crossing Residential will be similalrly unimpressive. I guess they can't all be like MT, 1 Dalton, or TD Garden.

I think Avalon North looks a good bit better in person than it does in pictures.

Well it's a much nicer tower than the Avalon North Station, which for some reason was strangely well-received on this forum despite being Kensington-level dull on one of the city's most prominent gateway sites. Never understood the love (or lack of hate) for that one.

The colors of Avalon NS are much better than the Kensington. The Kensington's spandrel is garish and the crown is a total fail. Avalon NS is not a great building by any means, but next to the Kensington it's the Mona Lisa.

The colors of Avalon NS are much better than the Kensington. The Kensington's spandrel is garish and the crown is a total fail. Avalon NS is not a great building by any means, but next to the Kensington it's the Mona Lisa.

The Kensington is a really low bar for comparison. It's probably among the cheapest looking residential constructed in the city in decades.

I agree with you on Avalon North but gotta disagree with you on the Bulfinch residential building! I think it will make a striking addition to the skyline based on what's already showing!

It can't be worse than Avalon North, lol. The only thing going for Avalon North is that it was decently tall-ish as the West End's tallest building (not anymore though).

Avalon also has the problem of obstructing the city skyline from the north.

Whaddaya all think about Dewey Square?

Y'all find the cladding as loathsome as Kensington??

Steve Adams with Banker & Tradesman reported that a potential tenant backed out of a lease here. I don't have access to the article - anyone else know what potential tenant he's referring too and the details?

Steve Adams with Banker & Tradesman reported that a potential tenant backed out of a lease here. I don't have access to the article - anyone else know what potential tenant he's referring too and the details?

They gave a little more detail on Twitter just now - it was in the earnings call and BXP didn't say who it was. Just said "third tenant" and "after acquisition", so we know it wasn't Verizon or Rapid7. They'd be the first two tenants.

Look at how the colossal order changes with the angles. From certain angles its there front and center and others the grey is just as prominent as the white creating more of a speckled look. Looks good. Theres enough elements here that always show all of the floors that dont ever allow it to mask the real amount of floors, which is good. In the first pic where the white stripes are only visible, the balconies still let you know where the floors are, not letting the height tricks ever work to mask how many floors the tower has.

The end result here luckily has the colossal order end up just being a pattern on the side of the tower vs an active measure to mask how many floors the tower has never making it look shorter. Thats why this is coming out better imo, because its just a pattern here vs a height masking trick that creates awkward false proportions. On towers with colossal order windows a lot of times the proportions look funny, because its creating a visual trick. The balconies and grey stripes on this tower allow you to always see all the floors, so it never tricks your eye, so it ends up a better result. Im still interested in how the roof notch will look, but overall the facade looks better in real life than renders.

Also its a plus that it looks taller than NST, where the office will look taller than this, creating a nice stepped effect. Then having the longfellow and mass gen buildings give it depth here to this new forming cluster.

Last edited:
What an outstanding set of shots DZH! Love the first one. MT really is a gem.

I couldn't snap a photo because I was hurrying to get into PJ Masks Live! (which was lovely, as an aside) but this building really pops looking up Washington Street from the theatre district with the Golden Dome of the State House in the forefront. It look's awesome from that angle. If anyone who travels area regularly get's the chance to snap a photo please post.

Back