0691CABB-D6EE-4711-958F-B45CE2BE2317.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 304
  • F3CDCDF3-2FE1-4D68-90C2-A55C8363D253.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 218
  • 35D17ED0-1D39-4615-BCD2-33FF44887173.jpeg
    35D17ED0-1D39-4615-BCD2-33FF44887173.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 295
^^Wow.
These are some of the best yet of the development area.
Thank you.

Is the overhang jutting out over Causeway St. at the junction between the podium and tower a permanaent feature?

My guess is it's to prevent more civilian folk from being killed.

Those shots nicely illustrate the spacing of the towers that someday could permit a 5th tower to rise at the low section of the O'Neill Fed.

Meanwhile, inside the Garden: https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1173983995601793032

It looks nice enough, definitely more modern, although I immediately got Pittsburgh vibes out of it. And I guess that's where my gripe is, it looks nicer but by the same token the gold seats were a nice connection to the old Garden, and it's sad that's gone. Also - the place looks barren as hell without the banners.

The Hub on Causeway is very Boston. This is right in line with what youd expect our sports arena to be like if you visited the city. I like that we can still contrast street levels with other new build stadiums like San Fran. Its good to still have distinct venues in different cities even serving the same purposes that are vastly different. I think this cane out great and already feels like its been here forever and belongs.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, inside the Garden: https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1173983995601793032

It looks nice enough, definitely more modern, although I immediately got Pittsburgh vibes out of it. And I guess that's where my gripe is, it looks nicer but by the same token the gold seats were a nice connection to the old Garden, and it's sad that's gone. Also - the place looks barren as hell without the banners.

On that subject, why don't outdoor stadiums use perforated/mesh seats? Hard plastic gets both hot and wet, and it doesn't breathe.

I've seen examples of spring training parks in Arizona that do this because of the heat, but why not Fenway?

Last edited:
From WCVB: https://www.wcvb.com/article/td-garden-shows-off-new-seats-other-upgrades/29092472

Really cool to see daylight poking through the previously-blank back wall of the balcony, where the new upper concourse will go. Work on the new Level 9 "Rafters Level" also shown, but doesn't appear too far along yet:

td-garden-upgrades-1568749686.jpg

Its like a whole new stadium. The cool part is they could punch out the walls on the other side too in the future if they build over the tracks. Pretty cool seeing the bar area behind the seats and the rafters is going to be badass as well.

The fake North Station arch in "Banners" is a nice look.

Also, I think the chances that Hub on Causeway kills off all the other bars and restaurants in the neighborhood as this article suggests is basically nil. There's like 2 new restaurants and a Kings-style bowling alley in this place. Give the hand-wringing a break.

Back