The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Today's curbed has a render connected with the Topping-off of the Verizon Tower
Verizon-anchored office tower at Hub on Causeway tops off
The 31-story building at 100 Causeway Street is the last major component of the 1.5 million-square-foot project

By Tom Acitelli Dec 26, 2019, 5:58am EST

Screen_Shot_2019_12_26_at_5.54.15_AM.0.png

Interesting from this angle there is no Big Checkmark and Verizon visible

Cuz its an old render... but the only one of that angle/perspective. That render has been posted here multiple times as well.

Getting very close structure wise.. All thats left are the roof mech boxes to the left and rear that stick up a smidge and itll be topped off.

Stick -- at least 2 supposedly independent sources of news on such things say -- that the Tower has been officially Topped-out [in so far that it will not get any taller architecturally]

Thats because it has been officially topped out. Topping out is a ceremony, and it has happened. But just like a million towers before this theres still a smidge of steel left to go on the sides and some of it will stick up a little bit... its only like maybe 1 foot higher or something so its nbd really in the grand scheme.

Anyways I definitely like the black grid. Even though its a bit colossal order-y I think it has enough elements that make it so its just more of a nice pattern than a perspective trick, so it ends up fine.

I love the many new textures were getting instead of just 10 blue glass towers. That easily could have happened. Also luckily these held off long enough to where street level interaction became pretty much mandatory. These elements are really adding up to a huge win.

Thats because it has been officially topped out. Topping out is a ceremony, and it has happened. But just like a million towers before this theres still a smidge of steel left to go on the sides and some of it will stick up a little bit... its only like maybe 1 foot higher or something so its nbd really in the grand scheme.

Anyways I definitely like the black grid. Even though its a bit colossal order-y I think it has enough elements that make it so its just more of a nice pattern than a perspective trick, so it ends up fine.

I love the many new textures were getting instead of just 10 blue glass towers. That easily could have happened. Also luckily these held off long enough to where street level interaction became pretty much mandatory. These elements are really adding up to a huge win.
Stick -- I Agree wholeheartedly -- the Verizon ✔ will also add a Pru-sign-like bit of Vegas to the North Station / West End

Back