The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

2C70F2ED-E199-42C5-982E-69A74E438908.jpeg

While this isn't the best version we're getting, this still could've been marginally better with a little more thinking...
  • I like the industrial look with the windows, but its lost when they decided to incorporate the frameless corners. It introduces some contemporary language into the building, but the industrial effect is lost doing so.
  • The difference in glass between the extruded boxes and the rest of the building is mildly annoying on sunny days and really annoying on cloudy days. They could've also continued some aspects of the industrial design through to the boxes, introducing some sort of black frame around the entire mass rather than just glass spandrels. That, or they could've embraced the contemporary design and introduced true glass boxes with glass mullions and no apparent spandrels.

There's a lot of advertising space on the backside of The Garden that I'm surprised Delaware North hasn't taken advantage of yet...
Probably not their area of focus right now. They have bigger issues to deal with.

There's a lot of advertising space on the backside of The Garden that I'm surprised Delaware North hasn't taken advantage of yet...
There are Federal rules about that sort of thing, and the FHWA has taken issue with Garden billboards in the past.

A Marquee would be a nice touch to me, and may not be considered in the same way as billboards.
But, something indicating that night's event, and upcoming events would be a nice addition.
The different colors for B's and C's games is nice, but something more.

But, something indicating that night's event, and upcoming events would be a nice addition

I don't pay too much attention to the sign, but I do drive by it or ride into N. Station on the train almost daily and it seems to generally be advertising upcoming concerts or games at the Garden.

I don't pay too much attention to the sign, but I do drive by it or ride into N. Station on the train almost daily and it seems to generally be advertising upcoming concerts or games at the Garden.

that's what i was going to say. all that sign does is promote upcoming events, so i don't get the original comment at all.

that's what i was going to say. all that sign does is promote upcoming events, so i don't get the original comment at all.
If you click the article link above, you can see that they were forced to change it. The large "event" screen used to always be ads for Bud or Bud Light. They added a much smaller general advertising billboard to the left of the original screen and now use the huge one solely for their own uses.

If you click the article link above, you can see that they were forced to change it. The large "event" screen used to always be ads for Bud or Bud Light. They added a much smaller general advertising billboard to the left of the original screen and now use the huge one solely for their own uses.

yes, i know (and knew) all that. i was responding to seamus mcfly's comment.

One of my friends, who doesn't pay close attention to urban development stuff, walked his dog down Causeway Street the other day and commented how unrecognizable the corridor is. This development has totally remade the experience.

Back