The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Wow, that last picture for the first time really hits me as to how odd this build is with basically 3 different verticle facades. I get varying a facade horizontally to break up superblocks, but, not really sure what they are buying flipping that concept on its side.

Last edited:
Wow, that last picture for the first time really hits me as to how odd this build is with basically 3 different verticle facades. I get vary a facade horizontally to break up superblocks, but, not really sure what they are buying flipping that concept on its side.

Yeah, it's really odd and makes the whole think look shorter than it is, in a location where height would have been really appropriate.

^ Reminds me of Futurama by Norman Bel Geddes (NYC Worlds Fair, 1939):

futurama4.gif

Now it just needs some shorter buildings tapering down to the water and itll be complete. Maybe the garden parking lot and prison can be developed and we can get a rowes wharf esque type of stepping stone to fill out the skyline. On the other side of the zakim id consider the lovejoy wharf building to be on that level.

Now it just needs some shorter buildings tapering down to the water and itll be complete. Maybe the garden parking lot and prison can be developed and we can get a rowes wharf esque type of stepping stone to fill out the skyline. On the other side of the zakim id consider the lovejoy wharf building to be on that level.

Seeing as this is one of only 3 locations that has a shot of unseating the Hancock (along with a few spots in Back Bay, and Kendall) what it needs to be complete is something over 800'!!!

Why? Will it get a medal?
Possibly, or at least a design award if done properly. It's just as much about aesthetics (both on its own and in context of its surroundings) as well as street-level design and I agree that something 800+ feet here would look very aesthetically pleasing. I think another one in the 1 Dalton/Pru area, like the Kings garage site, preferably closer to 1000' so as to really punctuate that just under 800' Back Bay skyline, would be perfection. 2 bookends to a full, dense skyline.

Possibly, or at least a design award if done properly. It's just as much about aesthetics (both on its own and in context of its surroundings) as well as street-level design and I agree that something 800+ feet here would look very aesthetically pleasing. I think another one in the 1 Dalton/Pru area, like the Kings garage site, preferably closer to 1000' so as to really punctuate that just under 800' Back Bay skyline, would be perfection. 2 bookends to a full, dense skyline.

BTw, I meant to delete my post - - I felt it sounded unnecessarily snarky. My apologies for mistakenly leaving that up.

The lighting really helps the Verizon building to look pretty damn good at night.

agreed. nighttime lighting is huge.

i think it's telling, though, that while both benefit from lighting, the much older and in no way architecturally interesting/innovative/significant td garden looks way better at night than the verizon file cabinet.

The lighting really helps the Verizon building to look pretty damn good at night.
It does, and I think the viewing angle is more flattering than some, too. The narrow side of the podium just looks like part of the tower, making the whole thing look taller.

Back