The Kensington | 665 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Residences at Kensington

L1090234.jpg

Maybe the lions over at Harvard need a litter box.

Last edited:

So .. no parking lot, no excavation, just a big sandbox?

Hey type001 you claimed you knew some insider info. Can't you just tell us? Its only us, its not like the whole world can see this or anything. I won't tell.

Tobes tell Gina I said Hi.... I didn't see her there till now, hopefully she calmed down.

Last edited:

To be honest, there is nothing that I know right now accept for that the project is approved. Someone on this forum knows either the developer or the architect and almost got someone I know into serious trouble because I released the renderings without permission in November of 2005. It was a misunderstanding, but I won't let that happen again.

Not me. But it shows the need for anonymity.

This will be the corner of Arlington and Boylston.

Welcome to America's oldest public park!

That thought entered my mind while I was taking the photo. No demolition permit should ever be issued unless and until financing for a replacement is proven and in hand.

Ok this is just ridiculous....how can they allow this to sit like that? Jesus, what is wrong with this city? The city should be taking action. They should set a deadline for the develops to get this off the ground again, and if they can't then they should be forced to sell it to someone else who can undertake this project. A huge "sandbox" should not be allowed to sit in the middle of Downtown Boston....

maybe it'll get scrapped and they'll put up a couple more strip clubs ;)

but seriously city needs the money at least throw up a parking lot to get taxed.

If any of youz is looking to play in the sandbox, you better do it soon 'cause it looks like reverse deforestation (forestation?) is taking place.

img6233jk5.jpg

Oh great, now some shyster is going to carp about the loss of an urban wild, or an ad hoc park for crack-heads, when construction actually starts. The developer, mayor, BRA, and landmarks, must be ashamed of the demolition of the Gaiety for this fiasco.

"Thomas Menino Greenway".

This project is really beginning to soar!

This project is really beginning to soar!

HUGE PROBLEM FOUND!

Excuse me while I create a laundry list of ways the developer can "mitigate" this issue to the benefit of my community.

img_33001.jpg

On the bright side, it probably has more shade than the entire Greenway.

I haven't been to the location of this project....can anyone fill me in on any solar glare or wind tunnels that are being created as a result of this?

The height, the soaring height! The Common will never be the same!

L1100036-1.jpg

Kensington affordable housing initiative.

Just as an interesting historical aside, this 1928 Boston map (see link pasted below; looks like it's from the Assessor's Office) reveals that the parking lot appearing in the last photo in post #30 was once the location of a police station! Sure coulda used that back in the wild-and-woolly days of Lagrange Street. Which makes me think: Can you imagine what kind of nocturnal Mardi Gras that huge open space left by the demolition of the Gaiety would have hosted in the heyday of the Combat Zone? Oh, the humanity!!

http://www.communityheritagemaps.com/boston1928/restored/boston11.jpg

Back