The Kensington | 665 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Residences at Kensington

Yea it's pretty crappy, but I much prefer the left side of that picture to the right side.

picture.php

That sidewalk is criminal.
Notice how all the pedestrians gravitate to the left side of the street going in and out of all those small businesses housed in tattered buidings whereas the relatively newly constructed Archstone apartments building presents a vapid streewall to Beach St. A reminder that although density is desirable in the city, I wouldn't trade it for the loss of intricately scaled urbanity.

Notice how all the pedestrians gravitate to the left side of the street going in and out of all those small businesses housed in tattered buidings whereas the relatively newly constructed Archstone apartments building presents a vapid streewall to Beach St. A reminder that although density is desirable in the city, I wouldn't trade it for the loss of intricately scaled urbanity.

Actually, the reason is because of the scaffolding and debris dumpster (that's just out of the camera's view) that is placed on the street to the right which makes it really hard to walk through.

Here's a screen grab from Bing's map. I don't think the debris dumpster is placed here yet during the time this photo was taken.

Archstone.png

Last edited:

I do know that there is a garage on Beach St. that has scaffolding up but the sidewalk is always open when I've been in the area. The last couple of times I've gone to lunch in Chinatown I've actually stayed on the the Archstone side of Beach St. and walked under the scaffolding because I'm coming from Downtown Crossing via Washington St. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't usually cross streets due to ongoing construction or scaffolding assuming the sidewalk is open.

Get in your fallout shelters because the 50s are back!

No, Prudential Center is 1960s (with later additions).

Yet it was designed in the 1950s.

I can't wait to see this on the skyline. Hope it makes a bigger impact then Liberty Place.

A quick google search tells me that Liberty Place is another name for the Archstone Apartments across the street.

The "can't wait to see it on the skyline" part is rather baffling, but I guess when your hopes get beaten into the ground as much as ours have, shitty projects like this are the best we have to look forward to in terms of additions to Boston's skyline. A sad, pathetic, nearly unbearable reality if you ask me....

I can't wait to see this on the skyline. Hope it makes a bigger impact then Liberty Place.

And I'm hoping the developer installs a Klingon cloaking device.

Yea it's pretty crappy, but I much prefer the left side of that picture to the right side.

I actually mean criminal though. Its a shocker Boston hasnt been hit with a $1bn lawsuit, like Chicago.

One more floor to go then mechacical, so it looks like it will be forming a plateau with Liberty Place. The penthouse views, at the Ritz are safe.

Kensington Tower 12/15

Yes, she does show on our skyline! All be it, small and flat, but there she is! I was hoping it would poke up a little more then Liberty Place, but from the Common it should be more visible....something to look forward to people!

Yes, she does show on our skyline! All be it, small and flat, but there she is! I was hoping it would poke up a little more then Liberty Place, but from the Common it should be more visible....something to look forward to people!

Oh yeah, then we can go over to the bakery and smell the bread!

Yes, she does show on our skyline! All be it, small and flat, but there she is!

Women just called. They want an apology for smearing their good name via an association with this trash.

Back