The New Retail Thread

Whoa I never knew that, and 2005 was the year I moved to Boston so I guess I must've just missed it. A quick search of Google Images turns up nadda but now I'm curious.

Been gone nearly a year. Nobody noticed. Fewer cared. Overpriced lettuce... No thanks.

Yeah, I had been to the theater, but still can't picture a food court there. Ah well.

If I remember correctly it was not so much a food court but just 2 restaurants - one on each side of the theater....

Maybe the restaurant to the left of the theater was a Bennigans or similar type of place? I remember seeing lines as you walked up to the theater. I do not remember a food court on the first floor but maybe there was something on the second floor near the escalators? Not sure.

I'm pretty sure that there was a Chili's there at one time. There was a food court on the second floor. I only recall it because I remember eating at a ?Sbarro's there once while waiting for a train at Back Bay Station. I came across an older lady from my office who appeared very embarrassed at being seen eating alone in a food court. I believe it was where Legal's is today.

I also recall the Herald headline when the cinema closed: something like "Barney's Rubbles Cinema" ;)

I'm pretty sure that there was a Chili's there at one time. There was a food court on the second floor. I only recall it because I remember eating at a ?Sbarro's there once while waiting for a train at Back Bay Station. I came across an older lady from my office who appeared very embarrassed at being seen eating alone in a food court. I believe it was where Legal's is today.

I also recall the Herald headline when the cinema closed: something like "Barney's Rubbles Cinema" ;)

So I'm not totally crazy. Thanks.

And yes, there was a Chili's in Copley Place. It appears on a 2003 dining map I came across.

I came across an older lady from my office who appeared very embarrassed at being seen eating alone in a food court. I believe it was where Legal's is today.

I remember Chili's and I'm just about positive Legal was there while the theater was still open. Maybe the food court was replaced with Legal (Late 90s - early 00s?) some time before the theater closed?

I can't even find a photo of the theater entrance. Where the hell is Ron?

Yep, Chili's and a theater and a Legal on the floor directly above Chili's.

I remember Chili's and I'm just about positive Legal was there while the theater was still open. Maybe the food court was replaced with Legal (Late 90s - early 00s?) some time before the theater closed?

I can't even find a photo of the theater entrance. Where the hell is Ron?

There was a Kowloon there as well. It was kind of a sit-down food court, not just fast food.

Boston.com has a map from (I think '04): http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/movies_where_to_dine/Copley/

No food court on the map at that point, but shows Legal, Chili's and looks like there was also a Champions.

Here is an awesome high res photo of the theater entrance:
1091548394_8473.jpg

Last edited:
My memory of the food court would be from sometime in the late 90s. There were definitely seats and such in there.

I'm amused that my google sleuthing led me back to archboston.

Someone split this off. We need a Longest Discussion Ever About Food Courts thread.

In before CambridgeSide vanishes:

Au Bon Pain
Burger King
Chiang Mai Thai
Chicken Now
Chipotle
D'Angelo Sandwich Shops
Dunkin Donuts
Freshens
Saladworks
Sarku Japan
Sarku Japan Sushi Bar
Taco Bell
Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen

Sorry. Moving on.

I'm amused that my google sleuthing led me back to archboston.

Someone split this off. We need a Longest Discussion Ever About Food Courts thread.

In before CambridgeSide vanishes:

Au Bon Pain
Burger King
Chiang Mai Thai
Chicken Now
Chipotle
D'Angelo Sandwich Shops
Dunkin Donuts
Freshens
Saladworks
Sarku Japan
Sarku Japan Sushi Bar
Taco Bell
Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen

Sorry. Moving on.

Now that actually is a new retail topic. ;-) The food court was recently redone and they took out all the swirly neon and mirrors. Chipotle is a relatively recent impressive new addition to that food court. Also, if it ever closes I will stage a sit-in in protest of losing Taco Bell.

¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!

Absurd that there is no Taco Bell in all of downtown Boston.

and LOL at the people in this thread saying good riddance to unhealthy fast food in favor of.... unhealthy Italian food. Last I checked, pasta with a heavy sauce is not all that much better, if any, than a chicken sandwich.

Back