The New Retail Thread

I would think they make a killing on tourists.

Bromfield street doesn't get too much tourist traffic. City Sports gets a few tourists as does Sam LaGrassa's on Province St. but what other reason would there be on Bromfield for it to generate much tourist traffic? Most of the tourist traffic in that immediate area is relegated to Tremont, Winter, Washington and School streets.

what street is the Orange Leaf photo from?

that's a pretty fancy exterior for McDonald's next door.

what street is the Orange Leaf photo from?

that's a pretty fancy exterior for McDonald's next door.

Tremont street across from the Boston Common, I actually hate it and think it's time for a renovation. Why does everything in boston have to have such an old world feel to it....

Cupcake bakery Crumbs has ceased all of its operations nationwide (worldwide?) - their Prudential Center kiosk is dark as of this morning.

Just about done at 699 Boylston

14592728616_56feb4f846_b.jpg

Funny, but on a more serious note, I heard that max brenner plans to replace many of the crumbs bake shops including the ones in boston.

Not with their restaurants, right? The Crumbs spaces are way too small. Maybe they are just planning to sell chocolate?

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet, but I drove by the Flats on D over in South Boston and saw a Jimmy John's that was being built. They had their signage up on the outside of the ground floor of the building.

South Station two story CVS is now open.
Hours are 7am-12am,
Sorry about the quality, took these on my phone.

Doesnt South Station close at 11pm now thanks to the idiotic MBTA management (used to be 24/7)

Wonder how that works.

Nothing like arriving in by rail, needing to get the the red line and SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER WE'RE CLOSED ENJOY THE TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR OUTSIDE.

The air curtain over the escalators to the CVS is INTENSE and noisy.

Doesnt South Station close at 11pm now thanks to the idiotic MBTA management (used to be 24/7)

Wonder how that works.

Nothing like arriving in by rail, needing to get the the red line and SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER WE'RE CLOSED ENJOY THE TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR OUTSIDE.

Listen. Everybody knows that decent people aren't out past 10pm. The only "people" out past 11 are vagrants and ne'er-do-wells.

You don't wont ne'er-do-wells loitering in our beloved South Station, DO YOU?

That's just the Red/Silver levels that throw everybody out at end of service. SS main level is officially open 5:00am-1:00am 7 days a week, and officially subject per the station website to conditional earlier/later hours around Amtrak schedules. The last Northeast Regional of the day on Saturdays arrives SS @ 1:10am Sun. And the first M-F Acela departs at 5:05am so the tix window and baggage check are probably open at 4:30 or 4:45. For all practical purposes they never lock the doors to the lobby.

Bus terminal may well be 24/7.

No, I was saying that in addition to those "luxury bowling" places we already have in Boston that I named, there are many others elsewhere that we don't have around here.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

That's just the Red/Silver levels that throw everybody out at end of service. SS main level is officially open 5:00am-1:00am 7 days a week, and officially subject per the station website to conditional earlier/later hours around Amtrak schedules. The last Northeast Regional of the day on Saturdays arrives SS @ 1:10am Sun. And the first M-F Acela departs at 5:05am so the tix window and baggage check are probably open at 4:30 or 4:45. For all practical purposes they never lock the doors to the lobby.

Bus terminal may well be 24/7.

Nope, Ive arrived via Amtrak and all the doors were locked, even though Subway service was still ongoing.

Nope, Ive arrived via Amtrak and all the doors were locked, even though Subway service was still ongoing.

Well, they broke their own rules doing that. Official policy per the official SS website is 5:00am-1:00am, 7 day a week open hours in the lobby, with later close for any Amtrak arrivals after 1:00am. Amtrak has at various times in its recent past (though not at this very moment) had nightl owl Regionals with scheduled arrivals later than that lone 1:10am Sun. train, so that's been S.O.P. at least since the building was renovated 20+ years ago.

Call customer service and report it if they do that again.

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet, but I drove by the Flats on D over in South Boston and saw a Jimmy John's that was being built. They had their signage up on the outside of the ground floor of the building.

Welcome to Boston, jimmy john's. (Flats on D)
10518348_752115704832315_3948923570580119896_o.jpg

Random question, but did anything ever go into the former Chanel space at the Taj Boston hotel on Newbury Street?

Back