Nantucket's Global Bistro & Sushi Bar
22 Liberty Drive at Fan Pier
seeking 7 day full liquor license

and

Hopsters
Custom Craft Beer Brewery, Restaurant & Pub

plus

Neighborhood Updates

Lola 41 in Nantucket used to be the Ropewalk for those who might be familiar. And I believe Hopsters has a location in Newton where you can brew your own beer.

Suitsupply, a Dutch retailer known for unconventional retail locations and edgy marketing campaigns, to a 10,000-square-foot store in the former space of Ciao Bella near Fairfield Street. The shop, due to open in July 2017, will feature a restaurant with a liquor license, in an effort to broaden its appeal.

July 2017?!!?! This building has been under construction for what feels like forever. I wonder if Daisy's will reopen downstairs...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...es/IfjwVTvicE6Km9uuTINWPM/story.html#comments

DTX is getting a Luke's Lobster
Luke’s Lobster Is Headed for Downtown Crossing
The New York-based company’s second Boston location is coming later this summer.

By Jacqueline Cain | The Feed | July 14, 2016, 12:04 p.m.

Downtown Crossing’s casual restaurant scene is about to get a little sweeter—with Maine lobster meat, that is.

Almost a year to the day after Luke’s Lobster debuted in Back Bay, the growing fast-casual chain just announced it will open a second Boston location at 290 Washington St. “late this summer.” In the spring, Boston Restaurant Talk noted the company was eyeing that storefront, which most recently housed Cakeology.

Luke Holden, a Cape Elizabeth, Maine, native, opened the first Luke’s Lobster in East Village in 2009. The lobsterman-turned-investment banker had moved to New York a couple years before, and was displeased with $30 sandwiches served on white tablecloths, he describes in a company video...

Full article: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/blog/2016/07/14/lukes-lobster-boston-downtown-crossing/

Eataly scheduled for a November 2016 opening:

Eataly Is on Track for a November Opening in Back Bay
by Rachel Leah Blumenthal Jul 28, 2016, 1:00p @blumie

Eataly Boston is still on track for a late 2016 opening, and it’s been a long time coming. Back in November 2013, news first came out that the Eataly team (which includes the B&B Hospitality Group — Joe Bastianich, Lidia Bastianich, and Mario Batali) had been eyeing Boston real estate for more than a year, including spots in the Quincy Market area and Back Bay.

But a lease for the Italian food wonderland wasn’t signed until mid-2015, and construction got underway shortly after. Eataly now has almost 30 locations around the world, including United States outposts in New York City and Chicago, and each requires a lot of space. It’s a big complex of multiple sit-down and quick-service restaurants, as well as a marketplace of Italian goods. The three-level Boston location will span 45,000 square feet, partly sitting in the existing portion of the Prudential Center and partly in the newly constructed addition.

News that the late 2016 opening estimate — more specifically November — is holding steady comes via The Boston Globe, citing an update from landlord Boston Properties. The buildout is reportedly nearing completion, and Eataly has begun to advertise lots of open positions, from wine store manager to pastry chef.

Full article: http://boston.eater.com/2016/7/28/12312048/eataly-november-2016-opening-back-bay

Great news! Love Eataly, NYC! It's just so damn hard to get a table at one of their restaurants!

I took a hard hat tour of The Eddy (nee 6 New Street) in East Boston this afternoon. I'd asked the leasing agent if they've secured a tenant for the ground floor/waterfront retail space yet, and she said Pier 6 is opening a sister restaurant here. They will apparently run a shuttle boat between their Charlestown location and this site when it opens.

Very exciting news if true: easily the best waterfront dining view of the city, and the first waterfront dining establishment for this part of East Boston.

Yeah, this would be a great use of the East Boston waterfront. Hopefully it would attract additional upscale retail and the infrastructure that accommodates it. I only go to East Boston for the odd down-market Latin American restaurant or bodega; it would be nice if the area could expand beyond that.

This is an excellent location for Flour. No decent bakeries in the area so we're mostly stuck with Au Bon Pain and Panera. :( Though Eataly should also improve the situation :D

I'm disappointed one of the new Flour locations isn't Coolidge Corner. The former Walgreens space at the corner of Beacon and Harvard would be a killer location for one. It's a big space, but I have no doubt Flour could fill it with people.

Based on personal experience in the South End one, I'm not surprised they're going for a location so close to the one on Washington--it's the smallest of the pack and always at max capacity!

I'm disappointed one of the new Flour locations isn't Coolidge Corner. The former Walgreens space at the corner of Beacon and Harvard would be a killer location for one. It's a big space, but I have no doubt Flour could fill it with people.

Agreed. They would destroy Panera. There aren't many other quick options in the Coolidge Corner area - any someone really needs to fill that Walgreens space! I imagine the rent there is obscene, however...

Cafe Nero seems pretty good to me

Cafe Nero's food = blahhhhhhh

I do appreciate the care they put into their shops, however. Those they've built so far in the Boston area have been extremely well-done.

Agreed. They would destroy Panera. There aren't many other quick options in the Coolidge Corner area - any someone really needs to fill that Walgreens space! I imagine the rent there is obscene, however...

Filling the walgreen's space would be fantastic. There's a huge conversion cost for hoodless rental space, though. Combine the up-front fixed cost with the (likely) extraordinary rent of that space, and it may be a tough business proposition. Then again, we live in an era of declining box stores, so who knows what would actually go in there.

Griddler's is gone on Cambridge Street in Beacon Hill/West End. It's a shame because that makes this section of town a burger ghost town again (even though Griddlers really wasn't awesome- the sweet potato tots will be missed).

Back