The New Retail Thread

Aww.

As you said, it wasn't great but any port in a storm.

Griddler's is gone on Cambridge Street in Beacon Hill/West End. It's a shame because that makes this section of town a burger ghost town again (even though Griddlers really wasn't awesome- the sweet potato tots will be missed).

Griddler's isn't totally gone. They moved their store to Boylston near Tremont--the Emerson campus.

Griddler's is gone on Cambridge Street in Beacon Hill/West End. It's a shame because that makes this section of town a burger ghost town again (even though Griddlers really wasn't awesome- the sweet potato tots will be missed).

While not a fast food/fast casual burger, the Tip Tap Room on Cambridge Street has several burgers with different kinds of meat (i.e. beef, turkey, lamb etc.).

by CHLOE (vegan restaurant place from NYC) is going into 1325 Boylston. Noticed it on their web site. Also going into 101 Seaport which we knew previously.

While not a fast food/fast casual burger, the Tip Tap Room on Cambridge Street has several burgers with different kinds of meat (i.e. beef, turkey, lamb etc.).

I really like the Tip Tap Room. But for lunch/to go, there's nothing fast casual in the area (well, McDonald's at N. Station). Even Burger King at 123 Center Plaza is gone. I never went to BK's, nor would I do lunch at McDonald's, but there's a fast/casual burger void in the West End/Bullifinch/Beacon Hill area now.

According to the manager, Starbucks is opening tomorrow (Tuesday 8/23)

I wondered why Sears no longer had escalators, and generally looked crammed in, when I was out there recently.

I wondered why Sears no longer had escalators, and generally looked crammed in, when I was out there recently.

Primark bought the top floor of 6 Sears locations.

Was just at the Freehold Mall location in NJ. Sears is now just appliances, electronics, tools, and outdoor stuff. No clothing. Upstairs is the Primark which is 99% clothes and looked fantastic.

I would wager the Burlington Mall location will be similar, unless it has more sqft to work with.

Interesting strategy for both companies.

Wow, that's surprising since we talked to the store manager who let us in for a look around, (posted a pic of the inside) was ready to go. Wonder what happened?

Back