The New Retail Thread

They're slowly expanding their footprint in the Boston area. Stores already open in Attleboro, Brockton, Dedham, Framingham, Marlborough, Westborough, Peabody (Northsore Mall), Burlington (Burlington Mall), Plymouth and Methuen. As mentioned Hanover is under construction and they were approved for a location in Walpole, but it doesn't look like any construction is happening. The stores are usually pretty busy, so it doesn't seem like people either know, or care about the stance of the corporation.

If anyone is interested in carrying on the Chick-Fil-A/Late-stage Capitalism Malaise conversation I moved it to General here. Carry on with new retail.

"Seaport Social" restaurant opening in the old Salvatores space in Seaport at Park Lane.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but there's a new Tatte opening up in the base of the JFK Crossing 40B project in Brookline. Supposedly "Fall 2019," so I guess that gives them another 1.5 months or so.

IMG_20191109_152154135.jpg

IMG_20191109_152205087.jpg

IMG_20191109_152240053.jpg

IMG_20191109_152306690.jpg

The venerable Brookline Booksmith looks to be expanding into the corner space on the far end of its block from Coolidge Corner, into the storefront formerly occupied by Peet's Coffee. Tentatively it looks like they are keeping the coffee bar in place, moving the used books into this new space, and (I would guess) increasing capacity for events held in their cellar space. Source: walking by it and seeing it packed with workers and books.

Tasty Burger opening in Downtown Crossing on Winter St. (48 Winter, I believe).

The venerable Brookline Booksmith looks to be expanding into the corner space on the far end of its block from Coolidge Corner, into the storefront formerly occupied by Peet's Coffee. Tentatively it looks like they are keeping the coffee bar in place, moving the used books into this new space, and (I would guess) increasing capacity for events held in their cellar space. Source: walking by it and seeing it packed with workers and books.

That is awesome news!

Broken Coconut will open in Seaport Square next to Lululemon and Paris Creperie.

UBurger + Shake Shack are the kings of Boston fast casual burgers.

Please no, Walburgers is hot garbage
seconded. tasty burger is the king of boston fast casual burgers. in addition to tasting better, they're actually from boston -- shake shack is good, but not as good and it's a frickin NYC chain. it *can't* be king of anything boston. uburger - meh...

Yes, but I was told it was temporary.. about 6 weeks:(

Back