The New Retail Thread

Funny, I had to write a paper on the Women's Christian Temperance Union circa the 1920's just a few hours ago. Even funnier, their standards are still prevalent today, as evidenced by this discussion. You know, they didn't have problems with liquor licenses during prohibition...
Show us your paper.

You don't have to show us your tits. ;)

When I get it back, sure. It was one of those handwritten in-class timed papers, and I had a ungodly headache when writing it, so I'll warn you that it isn't very good.

one of those handwritten in-class timed papers

WTF is this? Is your school operating on some 1850s model of pedagogy?

Same with mine, I'm required to hand-write a 5 paragraph essay in 35 mins and a 7 paragrapher in 50 mins. I'm sure this is going to help me in the real world :p

Nah, AP United States History "Document Based Question." Almost every AP class in the country takes them, along with "Free Response Questions" in the same 45 minute time period. They don't do shit, but AP is fixated with timed writes in all it's classes, because you have to write during the AP Exam, which is, of course, timed. On a 9 point scale, I usually end up at a 6 for in class, and my out of class is usually 8/9, so it sucks for me.

Ohh shit, I remember the DBQ. Enjoy!

Same with mine, I'm required to hand-write a 5 paragraph essay in 35 mins and a 7 paragrapher in 50 mins. I'm sure this is going to help me in the real world :p

Itll help you in college.

Final exams for history and english classes and such are handwritten essays in 80 minutes.

I can write stuff that I actually like to write about quickly, but academic stuff...let's just say it will take a bit longer.

Itll help you in college.

Final exams for history and english classes and such are handwritten essays in 80 minutes.

sheet, I had 3 hour written exams...

What is most ridiculous is that (apparently) the 5 paragraph essay is still considered a viable pedagogical tool in today's classrooms...

They pound that 5 paragraph shit into your head from the day you start school. As soon as you're a senior, they start trying to erase it. Makes sense, huh?

A b.good will be located in the old boloco space on mass ave.

One mediocre chain replaces another!

Roadhouse is replaced by American Craft Artisanal Food and Drink - a new Victorian-decor'ed venture by the same owner. The restaurant is up and running even though I don't think they have exterior signage yet. Initial reviews are very positive. Wishing them luck - I'll be visiting soon.

I ate at the new American Craft over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Great food, atmosphere, staff, and excellent beer selection.

The blue cheese\beer fondue that came with the chive fries (appetizer) definitely brought out my "oh" face. Amazing stuff!

Washington Square continues to be one of my favorite eating spots in the Boston area. I always have great meals at: Golden Temple (Chinese), Tamarind Bay (Indian), Rod Dee (Thai), Publick House (Belgian), and now American Craft.

You're the second person to tell me the beer fondue is amazing. I am sold. gotta try that place next weekend.

Back