The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

10.01.20 - Never able to find the WTC renovation thread but these pictures work here too. This portion of the harborwalk from commonwealth pier around pier 4 and all the way to the moakley courthouse, will be a nice little jaunt. Also, the encore boats are now docked there. They are running 3 of 4 pretty regularly.
F6068FDA-828C-4759-9B52-5EE9B34B88FD.jpeg

A1B5E4F7-B116-4860-B6F5-685782597FC8.jpeg

1C5B9C08-7536-45CB-A226-C203201ED994.jpeg

C343FD11-B9FE-4495-85CC-FA13FDC40C96.jpeg

Love the photos, Baumeister, thanks! Does anyone know when we can (might?) expect this to go vertical?

Beeline, if I may ask, when did you take your latest photos?

The several photo sets posted over the past ten days or so, show no workers.

Beeline, if I may ask, when did you take your latest photos?

The several photo sets posted over the past ten days or so, show no workers.
The above photos were taken on Sunday 4/4.

Walked by this one today around 4 p.m. a couple of JMA workers looked to be wrapping up for the day. Hard to look into the site, but from what I could see, they look to be close to reaching ground level.

This project started at the tail end of 2018.... mind boggling that this short little tower can take almost 2.5 years from site demo to ground level construction.

Walked by this one today around 4 p.m. a couple of JMA workers looked to be wrapping up for the day. Hard to look into the site, but from what I could see, they look to be close to reaching ground level. View attachment 12382
That's excellent news (I was afraid construction might pause due to financial considerations) -- so thanks for the update.

Again, another photo set, this presumably taken on a weekday, and no workers to be seen.

This is glacial motion to grade. But it's in everyone's interest that the project get to grade. Beyond that.....?

Reminds me of Harvard pausing the new Science and Engineering building in Allston at grade, when Harvard's finances were squeezed during the Great Recession.

...But it's in everyone's interest that the project get to grade. Beyond that.....?

I'm pretty sure the city of Boston will get more tax revenue from all these completed units compared to what it would get from a paved-over stump.

I'm pretty sure the city of Boston will get more tax revenue from all these completed units compared to what it would get from a paved-over stump.
I have a property near me where a major NY property developer/owner abruptly stopped construction over two years ago. At the time, the developer was experiencing financial troubles with some of his properties, pre-pandemic. The pandemic only exacerbated his problems, with, for example, one major property in Chicago going to foreclosure. Several months ago, he sold a portfolio of logistics properties in the UK that was bought in 2019. The sale apparently resulted in a tidy profit, but the profit had to be shared with his major NY bank investment partner. And the sum was apparently not enough, given his other needs, to re-start work on this project.

A few weeks ago, and more than two years after work was halted, the city declared the property blighted, and ordered the tower crane to be taken down. The crane was removed a month ago, the site is fenced, a large canvas wrapping covers one side of skeletal steel framework.

3000mpopville.jpg

^^^ From two years ago. The current wrapping is not as festive.

Back