The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

whighlander

Reaction score
Beeline -- some nice close-ups
It's really looking as if this part of Bulfinch will be in its final stages before much of anything happens on the State Street Building

DZH22

Reaction score
It's actually kind of sad to think that a lot of these great views of the tower from the North Station area and other points north will be obscured so soon! With that said I would rather have that State Street Tower ASAP than the unimpeded view of this. That's the building that will tie the whole area together and ultimately make it feel like a true extension of the downtown skyline.

odurandina

Reaction score
^^Yes. With its reduced size & street wall + the glass office tower + mixed use residential/hotel/retail complex + THIS/ all nearly smothering it--the overall impression of the garage will be far less egregious than before, and more urban. Not "proper" in a lexicon of 2010~20's planning, but sown into the fabric of the Downtown area in a far less unnatural way. The cladding of 50 Sudbury not only looks good, but functions as go between linking a modern tower to the incredible ugliness of the old Garage – (a bargain). i never realized the choice of materials would be used in quite such a way, (or if others did) when it first appeared.

Before the project is done, it might challenge the Hub on Causeway as our favorite improvement/s for Boston in the cycle.
*2 highrise projects receiving praise > (3) 200m skyscrapers
!!

Last edited:

stick n move

Reaction score
I definitely like that we are adding some glass towers, but not too many. A good skyline does need a few, but too many gets old fast. I think the skyline is growing in a very natural way while keeping a diversity of colors materials and textures.

DAVE

Reaction score
Proportions that make a highrise look better/taller, in Boston?

The materials have grown on me and this will look even better paired with its all glass, office counterpart.

chrisbrat

Reaction score
this is one that absolutely shines in person, rather than in pix (although it's none too shabby in photos, either).

odurandina

Reaction score
That angle shot: 50 Sudbury makes the JFK towers actually look good--the same way
the Pru & 1 Dalton now (together) make R2D2 look (almost) good in the neighborjhood.
Never envisioned any such thing was possible.