The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

2.5 years for complex demo and tower construction sounds pretty reasonable. Towers alone usually take about 1.5-2.

This site also has pretty complex staging (no space other than what you demo, or temporarily steal from the street). That tends to slow things down as well.

Went to a bisnow event yesterday where HYM was one of the panel members.
They had a table setup to highlight this project. They had a bunch of VR headset (first time using one), which had some badass 360 views if this project and how it will transform the area. The ones from the Greenway and the North end at ground level were something else, but the ones up on the roofs were crazy and a bit unnerving (finding yourself several hundred feet above Boston and looking down to see your on the edge of the roof.

I didn't realize how much of a podium with shared roof deck there would be between the three big towers. They had a view from across the street on the hotel sites green roof.

Check them out if you get the chance.

Before you know it they'll be finished tearing down this 10% of the garage and well on their way to rebuilding half of the garage portion they tore down!

Wow! Thanks for posting! The shared roofdeck of the three towers looks amazing. I would hope that the roof the hotel would do something similiar; if they don't they really missed a great opportunity for killer space!

regarding the government center parking garage, at the end of all the construction (all phases), what sections of the garage will remain, if any?

for this particular building, is the demolished parking structure to be replaced with residential space? or is a new section of garage being built here?

thanks for any info

regarding the government center parking garage, at the end of all the construction (all phases), what sections of the garage will remain, if any?

for this particular building, is the demolished parking structure to be replaced with residential space? or is a new section of garage being built here?

thanks for any info
For the other phases, I will respond in the general Bulfinch Xing thread. This thread is about Phase I only.

For this Phase I residential building, refer to post 100. Some of the garage gets reconstructed on levels 1-8 (refer to the "lower floor plan" and the section):

Reminder of what this phase entails:

YiQYNHWh.png

3Z7hHYah.png

LGVHMysh.png

jsBkugeh.png

poyhT2lh.png

PNHgrnKh.png

jTgYlWDh.png

Sorry for the crappy pic, I was running for the train.

SvVSSN2.jpg

I can't accurately read the depth of the facade elements in the mockup, which I suppose is the point. Looks to be no more than a few inches deep to the glass but from far enough away (or even across the street) they should seem much deeper. Whether it'll be successful remains to be seen. Reminds me of that dorm Suffolk put up a couple of years ago; can't recall what the final consensus was here on those flat fake-perspective panels.

Back