The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Reminds me of that dorm Suffolk put up a couple of years ago; can't recall what the final consensus was here on those flat fake-perspective panels.

The panels they used were different than these, but the also had really stupid window layouts and used different widths of "fake perspective" panels which ruined the whole effect.

I remember the poor reception, but there is also a tendency to trash every part of a project during construction before turning around and saying "oh, actually turned out pretty okay" when seeing the completed thing. I don't remember if the same thing happened over at Suffolk.

Either way, while I think these are a poor substitute for actual depth, it's better than nothing.

It looks like these panels are legitimately textured, and not just faking it. Nice! I'm looking forward to it.

It's tough to tell from pics, but do the panels appear more metallic, or more concrete-ish?

It looks like these panels are legitimately textured, and not just faking it. Nice! I'm looking forward to it.

This has promise...Regardless of the level of sublime, it is going to be additive to the area.

The logistics with this project are quite impressive but I still worry that until this thing starts rising, a change in the economy for the worse could shelve this project for years. Hopefully I'm wrong and too much has already been invested to stall this or better yet the economy stays strong for the next 5-7 years while all of these phases are built.

The logistics with this project are quite impressive but I still worry that until this thing starts rising, a change in the economy for the worse could shelve this project for years. Hopefully I'm wrong and too much has already been invested to stall this or better yet the economy stays strong for the next 5-7 years while all of these phases are built.

If piles are being driven...which it looks like we're at the start of that...then we're well ahead of where we were at the time of the vornado filene's hole. Can't speak for the rest of this development, but my strong bet is this tower's going up...

1 great caveat if Amazon chooses Suffolk Downs from the floodgates of caveats: Bulfinch Crossing roaring ahead (+ fingers crossed/1 Congress). But it seems to follow, Amazon would energize the groundbreaking at every residence and hotel currently approved. ...along with a rush to get so many more projects in the pipeline-moving.

Just a friendly reminder:

overview_bulfinchcrossing_skyline_dusk_image.jpg

HYM_BulfinchCrossing_Aerial_Charlestown_Final.jpg

HYM_BulfinchCrossing_Aerial_Close_final.jpg

606960426.jpg

HYM_BulfinchCrossing_Hero_Final_With1Canal.jpg

Bulfinch-Crossing.jpg

BulfinchCrossing_Hero_Final.jpg

View+04_final.jpg

View+02_final.jpg

bul2.jpg

BulfinchCrossing_Lobby_Exterior_Final.0.0.jpg

23055345162_c91c5b432a_z.jpg

View from the office tower

C8zzNi7XcAEAu8i.jpg

BulfinchCrossing_Interior_Office_Final.jpg

bul1.jpg

2016_01_I05_Sudbury-Bowker_01_small_0.jpg

012417bulfinchcrossing2.jpg

5977587f2a571_bul3.jpeg

residentialtower_sudbury_congress_image.jpg

residentialtower_hero_dusk_gallery_image.jpg

Imo this view is just as good as the views from those towers going up in NYC with views of central park that have condos going for hundreds of millions of dollars. Your literally looking right up the center of the Charles river, its amazing.

C8zzNi7XcAEAu8i.jpg

The office tower should not be posted in this thread. This thread is about Phase I only.

I cant even imagine what rent is going to be here. Whether office or condo this is about as good a location you can get, right on transit too. The resi doesnt have a roof deck but looks to have an outdoor patio with probably an indoor lounge and possibly a restaurant. I wouldnt be surprised if they do throw a roof deck on top of the garage though.

Heres a what if for the corner of city hall plaza and the triangular parcel directly across the street from Bulfinch crossing. Just to show theres always more room...

Tower would go on the grey area:

09xrscbu9umz.jpg

Last edited:

Back