The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Yea it does. Its kind of like Beekman place in NYC without the waves. I love the depth theyre creating. Also the facade is unique to Boston even just color wise, which is great. They could have just thrown up more glass... or precast. Instead theyre really creating something that will stand out here. It gets overshadowed by the office tower, but this isnt much shorter either.

It gets overshadowed by the office tower, but this isnt much shorter either.

I think the office tower is ~90' taller, but the residential building has far better proportions. The Pelli building is going to look like a bar of Safeguard form some angles.

From City Hall this past Wednesday:

7j8ncvb.jpg

From City Hall this past Wednesday:

7j8ncvb.jpg

I caught that same view just the other day. The northern side of downtown is really being transformed. The new residents these 3 towers are going to pump a lot of vitality into downtown streets.

^ Just want to reiterate that the JFK tower(s) is sexy.

Agreed. I know there has been a lot of hate for that JFK building, but I was just thinking the same thing when looking at that picture. It even has the on-trend-again curved glass corners.

The glass stairwell is incredible too. I make sure to check it out everytime Im at the VA.

Cant wait till they demolish the overhang and open up the street again forever. What an ugly pos that garage is. Massive eyesore on a beautiful area of the city.

You can also see on the left half where part of the garage that was removed is being returned within the structure of the tower.

We're not getting supertalls, but the city's skyline is definitely changing and its exciting to see! Great shots bee, especially the one from government center

I did a floor count and I came out with roughly 18, including the ground level. So, is it safe to say that this is about 40% of the way up?

I did a floor count and I came out with roughly 18, including the ground level. So, is it safe to say that this is about 40% of the way up?

It's at 17, and very easy to count using the overhead shot (way zoomed in) from the Hub on Causeway webcam.
https://app.oxblue.com/open/bostonproperties/huboncauseway

The large floor that is mostly obscured on the left side but mostly visible on the right side is the 9th poured floor. The first floor that is fully in view is 10. If it's tough to see at the moment of viewing your best bet for lighting is usually about 6:00 pm.

Webcam capture by David Z, on Flickr

The contrarian in me wants to pipe up and say that the garage is not the worst thing to happen to this city. It's cool in a metabolist sort of way--reminds me of walking under the building that rings Kottbusser Tor in Berlin on the Adalbertstrasse. That being said, I won't shed a tear to see it go.

Back