The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Such a great view of this building. Gotta enjoy it while we can.

I wonder... is anyone else slightly annoyed that the "steps" at the top of this building aren't the same height? I'm not complaining... nice clean roof line, consistent extension of the facade, no obvious mechanical screen, unique shape on the skyline... but man, just a few more feet to even up those steps...
I think the 'steps' and the image of 3 towers are the best part of this design. Reminds me a little of the Shinjuku Park Tower but much less dramatic. Solid addition to the skyline and neighborhood.

From 1/12

by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9750 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9758 by David Z, on Flickr

by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9832 by David Z, on Flickr
DZH -- more soon to be iconic views
I used to think that the Residential Tower was essentially just a place-holder until the State Street Tower was finished -- but from the Charles this is turning out to be an interesting tower in its own right
and it certainly extends the sweep of the "High-ish Spine"
from this sort of location the Kenmore Hotel Tower [because of proximity] will add substantially to spreading the "High-ish Spine" even further

1579449768109.png

"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die"

Sorry ... I just couldn't resist.

shots such as this underscore how well thought-out and executed this tower is -- and how, by comparision, the residential tower at hub on causeway stinks.

^^The Hub tower was hurt by outside forces.
The Eye and Ear shows how low they (once) would go even without outside help.

The 2nd picture from the above, taken from the Cambridge side, really illustrates the density of the West End. Adding the new Garden Garage towers (Alcott), now under construction, will just accentuate the density. It will be very impressive.

Yea and with the mgh expansion it would be pretty dense and fairly nice.

I wish theyd continue blossom st straight through to martha rd, through the parking garage, and connecting to amy ct between the 2 residential towers. After that add new buildings along this new stretch of road and boom.. the west end is actually accessible to get to and densely built.

It could be essentially seen as just moving blossom ct over a little bit and connecting it to amy ct then developing the sides of this new street. If this could be swung it would be a huge improvement and would integrate the west end much more into the rest of the city.

feels like the first real slender tower since custom house...

Back