The Viridian (Fenway McDonald's) | 1282 Boylston Street | Fenway

17447208616_484723964d_b.jpg

I was liking this one, but the grey panels on the left side of the building are cheap and hideous looking. At first thought it was an undercoat layer, but looks like it aint... shame...

Edit - gotta see what I mean in person, the pics make them look less bad than they are..

Travel lanes shifted back to normal last night. Parking is returning to both sides of the street!

Travel lanes shifted back to normal last night. Parking is returning to both sides of the street!

Yeah and the sidewalk is fully open too. I'm hoping they get something good in the ground floor retail. Right now that whole block is dead, while the two blocks on either side are full of retail.

That entrance really bums me out. Something's really off about it (at least to me). Am I the only one?

^^I think I know what you mean. A large chandelier or piece of art hanging over that door would go a long way to completing it. Something colorful like their logo (which IMHO they did a great job on).

Removing that crappy car from the picture would go a long way to making the entrance look better.

I don't think it's terrible, but it might get a bit more pizazz if there wasn't a tree right in front of it and if the entrance was framed in a contrasting tile.

I saw this about a month ago before all the fencing was down and thought the same exact thing Data, the entrance is off somehow. It's not welcoming and feels cold and lacking in detail

That entrance really bums me out. Something's really off about it (at least to me). Am I the only one?

Part of what it needs is something sticking out over the sidewalk beyond the plane of the streetwall/facade, at the level of the top of the door....that's the conventional 'entrance language' that this building is not speaking.

It could be a canopy, a 'blade' sign, a light fixture, whatever....Note how you can't guess where the front door is in the picture that is angled down the idewalk.....

What a stupid concept. I actually like the execution but you can't even call those Juliet balconies. What a joke.

Maybe more than one inch of space to stand on?

Then it becomes a...regular balcony, no?

I've seen balconies like this in Paris and ones with as much as 2ft clearance (Thomas Graves Landing Condos in East Cambridge) - I've always considered any balcony narrower than a piece of deck furniture to be a Juliet balcony.

I personally don't have issue with their execution here, but I may be a bit sympathetic to Gothamist's sentiment against them.

Back