The Viridian (Fenway McDonald's) | 1282 Boylston Street | Fenway

The Boylston redesign went through public comment in 2009.

Oh eww, that speckled pattern does not look good from afar (or up close?). I get what they were going for but the white panels stand out way too much, and combined with the utter lack of depth to the facade it ends up looking like they used some cheap-o 1960s linoleum pattern that should've never left the bathroom.

Yeah I'm not super happy with how this one turned out aesthetically. While it's not as bad as the puke comment I made before, it's not much better either. Those little specks of white, ugh. The western side of the building doesn't seem to have those specks and looks much better.

At least it will bring the community center, retail, and additional density.

Just received this email blast from property management, not sure if this is old news.

We are in the final stages of construction for this new apartment community on Boylston Street. We have units ranging from studios to 3BRs, many with fantastic views.

Currently, prices start from:

Studios: $2300
1BRs: $2950
1+S: $3700
2BRs: $4200
3BRs: $4700

Other amenities include:

24/7 concierge
Onsite garage parking
Health Club
Atrium Lounge
3rd Floor Jade Room (media room plus our Work Lab)
15th floor Sun Deck
20th Floor Sky Deck

Occupancy will begin May 1, 2015, and we will be signing leases with start dates from May 1st to September 1st.

16541767835_934c1ba2e5_b.jpg

16541766005_50dda6ea57_b.jpg

16354273180_ebe439e8c7_b.jpg

I like the white specs and the darker window treatments.

And that wintery Fenway image set against the grey sky is spectacular!

The Juliet balconies are a shade of green that cameras really can't seem to capture accurately. KZ's first of his most recent pix is the closest. You really have to see them in person to get a feel of how green they actually are.

^ Agreed on all points. I'd call them a very deep yet somehow delicate and translucent sort of emerald green.

I dislike the styling of the juliet balconies on this building, green or otherwise. The detailing of them makes them read as tacked on.

Perhaps they could have been built as slight reveals in the facade, with the balcony rail flush to the surrounding facade.

I'm a fan of the green. Honestly, more color from these new buildings (Viridian, Boylston West) instead of tired grey (Radian, 100 Pier 4) is such a welcome addition during this winter season. For instance, I'm yet to meet a person in the Fenway/Longwood neighborhoods that has a single negative comment to make about the MassArt Treehouse Dorm during the winter. Color is good.

Pretty bland and sterile inside. I know it's just a mock up to sell.
But, WOW! on the Epic view of the Pru and surrounds.

I hope I'm not the only one who likes the proliferation of terracotta in modern architecture and especially the texture from the random arrangement of the 3 different patterns/colours used here.

I'm sure we've discussed this elsewhere, but does anyone know how well this will age and how much maintenance is required by this type of facade?

I was going to write something really nasty about this a while ago and now I'm glad I held off. Maybe it was the way the light dulled the colors but seeing it now I really like how it turned out. My issues are more with the details; the fuck are those Juliet balconies-not really balconies? And why is the entrance just a whole in the building? I like how the AvalonBay Tower defines its entrance much better.

Back