Troy Boston (formerly Albany St Hotel) | 275 Albany Street | South End

Re: new hotel proposed- 275 Albany St

Apartments facing the highway are no sure bet, wouldn't you agree?

The nearest subway station is the Red Line at Broadway, which means you have to walk under 93 and then over the W 4th Street bridge. The Silver Line bus is not too far away.

What do you think?

If the BQE in NY is used as an example then prospects look not too bad. People live next to highways in cities all over the world. If the price point is right enough to attract a critical mass of 20 and 30 somethings looking to live somewhere "adventurous" then sure it could work.

New England Medical on the orange line is also very close. Just a few minute walk - and a nicer walk once Ink Block gets built

Last edited by a moderator:

Apartments facing the highway are no sure bet, wouldn't you agree?

The nearest subway station is the Red Line at Broadway, which means you have to walk under 93 and then over the W 4th Street bridge. The Silver Line bus is not too far away.

What do you think?

I'd do it. Probably a pretty sweet looking view (IMO). A walk across the street to Whole Foods, the 9 bus to Copley and 11 bus to downtown are right flippin' there, Broadway Station, and then the Silver Line. Only problem is, I don't know how easy it is to squeeze on trains by the time they get to Broadway. Or the Silver Line for that matter. If the high spine ever gets built on the pike, this place could be wicked nicer.

Is this an area where you could really build some height? I'd like to see something a little taller than 19 stories.

Is this an area where you could really build some height? I'd like to see something a little taller than 19 stories.

While not in the direct line of runway 9/27, I do believe flights come over/near this parcel. South Station's tower proposal received some knocking by the FAA, but that is closer to the centerline of the approach. However, that tower was north of the center line. I think flights fan out to the south of the centerline a bit.

If the BQE in NY is used as an example then prospects look not too bad. People live next to highways in cities all over the world. If the price point is right enough to attract a critical mass of 20 and 30 somethings looking to live somewhere "adventurous" then sure it could work.

The BQE and other highways there's lots of urban development near (e.g. in Tokyo) are much narrower than 93 is around here. It helps.

Meeting tonight 2/26/13

275 Albany Street: Community Meeting
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm

Division-Department: Economic Development - BRA
Description: Albany Street JV LLC is proposing to construct two primary building elements: one fronting on Traveler Street that will rise up to nineteen (19) stories, and the other an L-shaped structure fronting on East Berkeley Street that will rise up to eleven (11) stories. It is anticipated that the Traveler Structure will be used for residential use with up to 220 units. The East Berkeley Structure will also be used for residential use with up to 180 units rooms. In addition, the Project will include complementary retail uses, which may include restaurant use, and accessory parking with up to 180 parking spaces.
Location: Project Place, 1145 Washington St - Suite 2, Boston, MA 02118
Neighborhood: South End/Bay Village
Email: Erico.Lopez.BRA@cityofboston.gov

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/calendar/scheduledet.asp?EventID=3329

They have divided the site (you can see the fence in the lefthand corner) E/W. The most action is on the north side of the fence, but they have also dug a trench in the middle of the south section. Not sure what they are up to but, it's nice to see some action on this project.

75 Albany 8/7 (Site prep has begun)

They have divided the site (you can see the fence in the lefthand corner) E/W. The most action is on the north side of the fence, but they have also dug a trench in the middle of the south section. Not sure what they are up to but, it's nice to see some action on this project.

75 Albany 8/7 (Site prep has begun)

Beeline -- will you have to pay extra to look at the wales from your room?

Re: New Albany St Hotel | 275 Albany Street | South End

Now that the hotel is out and this development is now all residential, are there any new renderings of this project?

Back