Troy Boston (formerly Albany St Hotel) | 275 Albany Street | South End

Re: New Albany St Hotel | 275 Albany Street | South End

I lived in Albany for a year and never heard it called upstate. It was always referred to as the capital region. Upstate was Lake George and the Adirondacks and over to Watertown.

As someone who lived in the Lake George area for a few years..I'm somewhat surprised that a marketing company would use Troy, NY as a jumping off point for a brand. People up there always referred to Troy as "Troy-let."

Yesssss, the thread derail started by me talking about my home region of Albany/The Capital Region/Upstate is still going strong!

I like davem's suggestion of I-84 as good dividing line. Poughkeepsie and Monticello are decidedly upstate in my opinion.

I'm with you. No way is dirty old Poughkeepsie downstate in any way other than pure geographic terms.

As far as Albany(the government) is concerned anything outside of the MTA commuter lines is considered upstate. I personnally consider Albany part of the capital(or central) region. New York is more than just upstate and downstate.

As someone who spent 14 years just south of Albany I'd agree there's more to NY than just those two terms, but I also spent two years at college in Buffalo where it was about 1/3rd NYC and Long Island kids and 2/3rds everyone else, and when you have a culture clash like that it very quickly becomes a dichotomy -- you're either a Dave Matthews Band-loving upstater or an Infiniti SUV-driving downstater.

13987182590_d06862c73b_b.jpg

14171145642_2b6a9d3913_b.jpg

14193934923_5aae5ffc10_b.jpg

It's interesting that that the shorter tower tower gets a core and the taller one seems to be all steel frame. Boylston West seems like a similar arrangement. What's the deal?

14218210854_f0cd56d097_b.jpg

14195226356_4cd34c3255_b.jpg

14238526773_51e1c19152_b.jpg

almost every exit and entrance to the city ur greeted with cranes from the North you get the cranes at North point then North station from the pike New Balance and then the Fenway and these views on 93n/s this guy caught me and started to dance I was sitting in rush hour traffic and he spotted me 4 lanes away and started posing/dancing and then if u end up in the Seaport area great time to be in Boston watching it grow :)

14279540905_b380879b42_b.jpg

14256431516_5ec05b6b19_b.jpg

there's another 19 story building going up here also?

there's another 19 story building going up here also?

Yes, scan back a few images. It is the steel framing starting to rise in front of Planet Self Storage -- where the yellow crane is located. No concrete core on that structure (for some reason).

Yes, scan back a few images. It is the steel framing starting to rise in front of Planet Self Storage -- where the yellow crane is located. No concrete core on that structure (for some reason).

Based on the renderings, there should also be a third building - about 10 stories - rising along Albany Street connecting the two buildings already under construction.

^^Well that answers the question I was about to ask. The form work is already going apace in between the two taller buildings. This thing looks big from the highway.

It's actually two buildings, one being 10 stories and the other being 19 stories both to be connected through a three story base (parking garage).

Last edited:

In that link it also says that there will be a 3 story parking garage that connects to two buildings. The two 10 story buildings you're talking about is only one building.

In that link it also says that there will be a 3 story parking garage that connects to two buildings. The two 10 story buildings you're talking about is only one building.

That is the way I see it also.

From post 122 of the thread:

kcei.jpg

The garage is tucked behind the building on all three public streets (East Berkeley, traveler and Albany) and completely hidden from public view. Go back to post 122 for more plans and renderings.

Back