Troy Boston (formerly Albany St Hotel) | 275 Albany Street | South End

Overheard from one of the workers. "Yeah, the green panels are ready to be installed, we're just waiting for all the snow to disappear!" ;)

I also think they will want to remove the protective foil all at once so that all the panels weather evenly.

This is very well done. I cannot find anything negative to say so far. I think this was very smartly done.

BTW .. this is ADD inc again. The folks who brought us 315A (cheer), The Treehouse (whoo Hoo) and Pier 4 (shrugged shoulders). Clearly there is design talent there. Lets hope they keep getting conditions that allow them to continue doing good work.

cca

This is very well done. I cannot find anything negative to say so far. I think this was very smartly done.

BTW .. this is ADD inc again. The folks who brought us 315A (cheer), The Treehouse (whoo Hoo) and Pier 4 (shrugged shoulders). Clearly there is design talent there. Lets hope they keep getting conditions that allow them to continue doing good work.

cca

Its a little early to be celebrating here isn't it? The facade is barely up.

Woohoo! Green!!! And I love it! Just in time for Spring!

Its a little early to be celebrating here isn't it? The facade is barely up.

The facade of the low rise is 100% up. The tower is very close.

Usually at this point I am getting more disappointed. My happy curve is in a pretty good spot.

I am a bit worried about said "green panels" because right now I am loving the neutral tones of this so far. (please don't disappoint me ...please)

cca

Ps. Now that you mention it ... I have a feeling I am not going to love the tower expression so much. The low rise is still very nice.

Its not a big deal cca, but when you commented on the tower only the skinnier sides had any kind of cladding on them. Kinda tough to make a judgement at that stage.

I would love for something like this to show up in actual Troy, NY. RPI has really been dragging its heels on building housing on its massive tracts of land currently being underutilised as parking. The city itself is seeing something of a small revival in its downtown.

I would love for something like this to show up in actual Troy, NY. RPI has really been dragging its heels on building housing on its massive tracts of land currently being underutilised as parking. The city itself is seeing something of a small revival in its downtown.

Troy NY has a pretty tough economy, does it not? All those Erie Canal towns have had a difficult run post-industry.

cca

Hey AB'ers.

I'm writing a blog about this building and was wondering if anyone can please confirm that this is now the tallest non-BMC building in the South End. Is this correct?

Also, BeeLine, do you mind if I link your photos to the blog? You can PM me if you'd like to share your name for photo credit--I made a similar arrangement with KZ before he moved away.

Thanks.

-D

Hey AB'ers.

I'm writing a blog about this building and was wondering if anyone can please confirm that this is now the tallest non-BMC building in the South End. Is this correct?

Also, BeeLine, do you mind if I link your photos to the blog? You can PM me if you'd like to share your name for photo credit--I made a similar arrangement with KZ before he moved away.

Thanks.

-D
I wonder if the low income housing towers are taller?

Hey AB'ers.

Thanks.

-D

dshoost88, feel free to use any of my photos.

Ancient Indian burial mound, carefully skirted by the highway?

That mound is actually a earthen cap covering a large quantity of soil contaminated with asbestos during the Big Dig. The photos were take from the upper floors of 185 Kneeland St - MassDOT District 6 HQ.

Back