15553434615_2b65eedfe8_b.jpg

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Glass is going up.

22LibertyDrive1.jpg

22LibertyDrive2.jpg

22LibertyDrive3.jpg

Glass is consistent with the renderings. Looks great! Really looking forward to seeing more go up!

Thanks for getting pix.

If I were a worker on this project, I'd be gunning to get that glazing up and weathertight quickly.

Finally, a residential building on the Seaport waterfront truly worthy of being there! She's gonna be a stunner!

This may be the only quality mid rise that the seaport has gotten yet. The other two vertex buildings are nice, but this one finally hits the mark. Thank god its on the waterfront and not hidden somewhere between waterside place and the bcec.

This may be the only quality mid rise that the seaport has gotten yet. The other two vertex buildings are nice, but this one finally hits the mark. Thank god its on the waterfront and not hidden somewhere between waterside place and the bcec.

This is great and definitely the best but I kind of adore the green-glass Vertex building.

http://www.twentytwoliberty.com/video/

Not sure if any of you guys have checked out their website, I just watched some of these videos, and I've gotta say, their marketing material has worked on me!

As much as I love Millenium and Copley, CSC and all these other luxury projects, if money wasn't a matter I think 22 Liberty is the place I would pick to live above all others. The views would just be so incredible I almost feel like I'd buy a condo here for that reason alone.

^ You made me go watch a bunch of them and I too am now sold on a unit here! They make a wonderful point that those views can hardly be topped, AND they're pretty much permanent views. Now to stop being such a lazy underachiever...

--

Anyway, going through the videos I couldn't help but roll my eyes at all the pretty renderings showing the building as yet another glossy, lighter-than-air confection when they NEVER end up looking like that. EVERY rendering looks like that and just about ZERO buildings end up looking anywhere near as silvery and weightless.

So I went ahead and basically darkened down the building in the hopes of a) giving the structure visual heft, and b) making it easier to see just what the materials and what the facade will actually look like.

Maybe this was a waste of time, maybe someone will see some value in them...I dunno.

5Iijl7.jpg

tFluFP.jpg

So basically it'll look a lot like the Envoy Hotel with lots of glass backed by green-ish panels

ZF1Mpj.jpg

2MCbMw.jpg

And like most projects these days with bare bones designs, if they cheap out on the materials then this thing will look really weaksauce

1OnPmy.jpg

7KnKta.jpg

Honestly it looks better darker.

Those are gonna be some bad ass, bitchin', balconies.

"View of" > "View from":

15592956196_947f4a803d_h.jpg

KZ, no waste. Your versions make them look real and are much better than the originals. They should hire you. Oh! but you are joining that EE down the road.

And like most projects these days with bare bones designs, if they cheap out on the materials then this thing will look really weaksauce

I have a good feeling that Fallon won't cheap out on this particular building, as they're going to be targeting the wealthiest of buyers, similar to Millenium Tower, and maybe its just a gut feeling, but something tells me they are going to shoot for the moon with this one.

CSTH the light actually makes harbor towers actually look good. Doubt that has ever been said before

Back