Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

It always sucks when your landlord lives in the building

That'd be hilarious if he just roamed the halls in a wife beater and pinstripe boxers, asking people why they're late on this month's rent.

That'd be hilarious if he just roamed the halls in a wife beater and pinstripe boxers, asking people why they're late on this month's rent.

If I was a rich developer that's totally what I'd be doing for entertainment.

That made my morning.

I heard this is sold out, maybe one or two units left. Average sales of $1800/SF, includes $2600/SF for the penthouses.

I heard this is sold out, maybe one or two units left. Average sales of $1800/SF, includes $2600/SF for the penthouses.

Wow, that's impressive. I remember when the super lux stuff passed $1,000/sq ft and being blown away. Now it looks like $2,000/sq ft is the new level. Lots of the Millennium Tower condos are topping that and lots of the row homes in Back Bay are asking in the upper $1,000s too.

Mind me asking your source?

Somewhere da Don za smilin :)

IMG_0796_7815_zps7e9124c7.jpg

IMG_0798_7817_zpsffddb730.jpg

IMG_0802_7821_zps92ebd8fb.jpg

IMG_0803_7822_zps366c1b59.jpg

IMG_0805_7824_zpsf8f48eea.jpg

IMG_0811_7830_zps47d0f9a5.jpg

IMG_0810_7829_zps298a3bb1.jpg

IMG_0817_7836_zpsc6f0497a.jpg

Dat view

IMG_0813_7832_zps56b127fc.jpg

Love that nice beautiful sunset shot of the Boston Harbor Skyline!!! :cool:

Up to floor 7.

And what a view they'll have.

16120502505_0698e08f29_b.jpg

15934431209_b4b3be2f55_b.jpg

It's so close yet so far away!

Noticed the Harbor Walk is closed between Sams/Louis and 22 Liberty - could work possibly be starting on the new park along the water?

I have confirmed that work on Fan Pier Park and the new "tidal well" is underway.

master-siteplan-vanity-residences.jpg

Fan-Pier-Aerial-updated-image-2015.jpg

I have confirmed that work on Fan Pier Park and the new "tidal well" is underway.

Thanks for the update. Is there any news on 50 Liberty Square or 10 Fan Pier?

master-siteplan-vanity-residences.jpg

Fan-Pier-Aerial-updated-image-2015.jpg

I have to say I have worried about and STRONGLY oppose the addition of the two docks in front of the ICA. The coolest part of being in that amphitheater looking down at the water is that all one sees is water. Staring at some stupid yachts will totally ruin the experience. Ditto for the public outdoor cedar steps in front of the ICA - currently a pleasant and peacful place to sit and stare at the ocean, will be ruined looking at a wall of boats.

I don't particularly like any of these new docks they're building anyway... Access is, as usual, restricted to boat owners. Given the rates of docking anywhere in Boston Harbor, this is a very disproportionate allocation of resources to a select few who can afford to tie up here. If they built a series of piers over the water that were for public access, my feelings would be very different.

Edit - are there any public meetings that anyone of knows of to argue about this, before the city or state just gives up water rights here?

I have to say I have worried about and STRONGLY oppose the addition of the two docks in front of the ICA.....

I don't particularly like any of these new docks they're building anyway... Access is, as usual, restricted to boat owners. Given the rates of docking anywhere in Boston Harbor, this is a very disproportionate allocation of resources to a select few who can afford to tie up here. If they built a series of piers over the water that were for public access, my feelings would be very different.

Edit - are there any public meetings that anyone of knows of to argue about this, before the city or state just gives up water rights here?

FK -- Just Wondering:

When the Fed's took the best of the best of the Seaport District Real Estate for the Court House and in particular took control of the actual Fan Pier

Did you protest that one?

Could have been the site of a truly grand hotel with spectacular seaside restaurants -- one better than the Intercontinental -- Wynn Boston?

FK -- Just Wondering:

When the Fed's took the best of the best of the Seaport District Real Estate for the Court House and in particular took control of the actual Fan Pier

Could have been the site of a truly grand hotel with spectacular seaside restaurants -- one better than the Intercontinental -- Wynn Boston?

Well, the Feds bought 4.6 acres of Fan Pier from Anthony Athanas, and the record is abundantly clear on Athanas' success at developing the great stretch of S. Boston waterfront land that he owned. Prior to the Feds purchase of the 4.6 acres, Mr. Athanas had owned the land for 30+ years.

Several years subsequent to the sale of the 4.6 acres, Mr. Athanas entered into what was consequently a messy relationship with the Pritzkers. The ultimate result was that neither Athanas nor the Pritzkers ever developed any of Fan Pier, nor did Athanas ever develop the other waterfront acreage that he owned.

Stel – My point was not that Anthony Athanas was the ideal developer for Fan Pier nor for that matter were the Pritzkers

We all know how Anthony acquired the near-useless land over the years as the railroads abandoned it, structured a deal to lease the land as the site for a Grand Hyatt Hotel, and then suddenly got greedy in his dealing with the Pritzkers
We also know that Anthony’s Pier 4 was the preferred venue for a generation of “Democrat Times” where a lot of funds were raised for political purposes – e.g. John Joseph Moakley, Tip O’neil, William Bulger, etc.

My purpose for asking the question about access to the water and Fan Pier had to do with:
The hypocrisy of the complaints about privacy and such concerning access to the water along Fan Pier without any reference to the “Special Deal” arranged in the middle of the night that bailed Anthony out of bankruptcy.

The willing buyer just happened to be the General Services Administration – aka the American Tax Payer. And this was despite its low rating as a site of a replacement Federal Courthouse because of transportation difficulties. Moakley and company just conveniently arranged a new bridge and the Silver Line and viola we got the Moakley Federal Courthouse and Anthony could keep Pier 4 for his heirs.

Even Jack Anderson called the subsequent $250 M Moakley Court House, the Taj Mahal of Justice – arranged by Steven Brier by the way.
Congressional Record, Volume 140 Issue 80 (Wednesday ...
www.gpo.gov/.../CREC-1994-...
United States Government Printing Office
Jun 22, 1994 - calls the ``Taj Mahal'' of federal courthouses. ... Boston restauranteur Anthony Athanas, was embroiled in a legal battle with the Pritzker family p…

Subsequently, the Congress put a moratorium on building new Court Houses that pushed into the Taj Mahal category.

Thus: if we are to complain about access to the land / water that was the residue the courts passed to the Pritzkers as a settlement for Anthony’s legal problems
Therefore: fairness demands that we should also complain about the other half of the deal where the Fed’s purchased the Fan Pier corner site as a political favor.

FK -- Just Wondering:

I don't see how the acquisition of land for a public building is relevant to my concerns regarding the city-sanctioned construction of private docks that are both restricted in access to a very few, as well as visually disrupting to what currently is a pleasant and tasteful waterfront park and vista - but to answer your question, no I did not protest the courthouse, and don't have strong opinions on that building one way or another. But if I were to offer what tepid opinion I do have on the Moakley, I'm not a huge fan of the architecture but I like that, aside from the Daily Catch restaurant, there isn't a line of commercial, tourist-ridden shops and restaurants choking the Harborwalk in that location, but instead a quiet and pleasant park. I've said before that I don't think you need droves of human bodies bloating every square inch to make for successful urbanism; the quiet and monumental spots in a city are pleasant as well. We have enough Aquariums and outdoor bars and Legal Seafoods on the Harborwalk already, if you ask me.

slightly off topic but I think the park lot next to 22 Fan Pier and the coakley courthouse, would be better served as developed. I believe would hide one of the worst sides, and would be a pretty expensive parcel to sell.

Not sure this would be a popular move, but I think it would help with the urban fabric of the area.

http://fanpierboston.net/wp-content...ier-2011-Boston-Redevelopment-Authority_1.jpg

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/09/25/1190736499_8971/508w.jpg

Back