Two Financial Center

Oh hello!

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

I really like this one... don't love it by any means, but really like it.

5225687936_2dd1027fb6_b.jpg

5225092887_5347a23b4c_b.jpg

5225093663_f376dc1cf4_b.jpg

My favorite part..... a nice touch of drama on an otherwise buttoned-up building:

5225094039_4690be3374_b.jpg

5225094343_bb8100150b_b.jpg

^ that guy gave one of the most enthusiastic random waves I've seen lol.

This one has settled in without so much as a peep!

6821989233_11848451d7_b.jpg

Good materials, and proper execution.

A top-shelf background building.

^ that guy gave one of the most enthusiastic random waves I've seen lol.

Great photos; I'm also quite satisfied with this one.

More importantly, is that guy wearing his girlfriend's jeans? In college we used to joke that some of the girls needed pliers to get their jeans on; when I see college students today (or, apparently, in 2010, when that photo was taken :rolleyes:), I can't help but wonder if it's the "dudes" who need them...

Great photos; I'm also quite satisfied with this one.

More importantly, is that guy wearing his girlfriend's jeans? In college we used to joke that some of the girls needed pliers to get their jeans on; when I see college students today (or, apparently, in 2010, when that photo was taken :rolleyes:), I can't help but wonder if it's the "dudes" who need them...

A good number of guys (not trans either) now are actually buying women's jeggings because men's skinnys aren't skinny enough. I've watched the numbers increase over the years.

Anyway, I didn't even know Two Financial Center was a "recent" thing. I had always just written it off as a background building that's been there for a while.

Definitely womens jeans AND coat, and that guy was 100% positively fantabulously gay. Not trying to rile feathers or clumsily out myself as some homophobe...just stating a fact of life!

No! "she" was a screamer!....feeling lovely by the look of that wave! Work it girl!

^ Haha exactly! "She" was in a most exuberant mood that day.

This really is a great looking building. Very nicely done.

Why is this so much better than waterside or Kensington? Its design right? I always hear about quality of materials on here. Are these materials really that much more expensive than those other two? This is precast as well if memory serves me.

Let's say that this building and the Kensington were clad with exactly the same precast. Let's just say. Here's three reasons this building is tremendously superior (trust me, there are many more):

1) Cohesive design versus the incongruous mashup of the Kensington

2) Grand architectural engagement with the street on the lower levels and playful airy design on the upper levels - Kensington seems to aim for maximum destruction on both counts

3) Thoughtful window layout that is both contextual and bold - compare to the Kensington's schizophrenia

Let's say that this building and the Kensington were clad with exactly the same precast. Let's just say. Here's three reasons this building is tremendously superior (trust me, there are many more):

1) Cohesive design versus the incongruous mashup of the Kensington

2) Grand architectural engagement with the street on the lower levels and playful airy design on the upper levels - Kensington seems to aim for maximum destruction on both counts

3) Thoughtful window layout that is both contextual and bold - compare to the Kensington's schizophrenia

Re: Street level engagement, interestingly enough, it still has significant open retail spaces.

I always hear about quality of materials on here. Are these materials really that much more expensive than those other two? This is precast as well if memory serves me.

Photos above show brick (veneer) and (what appears to be) gray granite at the base.

Why is this so much better than waterside or Kensington?

It's an office building. They tend to look better, at least that's what my eyes tell me. The higher floor to ceiling ratios might have something to do with that generalization.

Back