Two Financial Center

No worries. This is the worst possible time for any building to open. It will sit vacant for years and the owners will skimp drastically on maintenance. It shouldn't take too long for it to weather and fade into the background of the Leather District, then.

from last year - KPMG moving to new Two Financial Center

Half pre leased sounds pretty good to me

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2008/09/29/daily37.html
KPMG moving to new Two Financial Center
KPMG LLP will be the first tenant at Two Financial Center being built in the Financial District.

The advisory firm has signed a lease for 115,000 square feet at the midrise building which is being constructed in a joint venture between Lincoln Property Co. and ASB Capital Management. Two Financial Center is a 220,000-square-foot building, and upon completion, will be one of the first new commercial office buildings in downtown Boston.

KPMG will relocate from 99 High St. to Two Financial Center in June 2010. As the anchor tenant in the building, KPMG?s company will be prominently displayed on the building and in the lobby.

KPMG?s Boston office currently employs 692 employees. KPMG International?s member firms have 123,000 professionals, including more than 7,100 partners, in 145 countries.

KPMG was represented by Cushman & Wakefield of Massachusetts Inc. Lincoln Property Co. represented itself in the lease transaction.

?KPMG will occupy the first new building constructed in the Financial District since 2003,? said Jay Driscoll, executive director of Cushman & Wakefield?s downtown leasing team, in a statement. ?The tenant procured lease terms that will allow for great flexibility over many years. Two Financial Center?s superb location, design and quality of construction reflect the world class vision of its development team, Lincoln Property Company and ASB Capital.?

This building is handsome and it "fits". As unspectacular and uninteresting as it is, it is actually a lot better for the city than many of the towers put up in the last few years that have far better locations and more height.

206.jpg

Sucks about that bunker protruding from One Financial.

The new building is modest and handsome. It's perfect for this spot. Part of me wishes it were residential lofts, though, to slightly expand the puny "Leather District".

This building is bland but not offensive...

what I want to know is how can you name this building Two Financial Center?

This is just the antithesis of what I would expect when hearing it's title....

This looks more like a refurbished textile company building from the 1880s than a 'Financial Center' building.

Fits in well with the leather district, I wonder what the original proposed 25 story tower looked like?
007-66.jpg

This looks more like a refurbished textile company building from the 1880s than a 'Financial Center' building.
Yeah, I keep expecting to find a tower proposal when I open this thread.

A two-foot setback for the top three floors would have helped this building.

people won't even know that this was built sometime this decade let alone in the last year

Good, it will look like it belongs. Which, as you've said before, is alright if the architect isn't capable of something brilliant (because if they tried, it would be much worse).

These pictures make me like it a little better. I agree with ablarc. I also think it needs busier signage or window displays at the street to make it really work. And black iron arches, above the garage entrance and over the windows. Instead of that Alucobond crap or whatever it is.

I had never in my life walked around the Leather District. It is really cool down there, but cut off from the city.

3477849180_60bcb87b84_b.jpg

3477850616_1de9b99620_b.jpg

It's also tiny. I laughed when it first started being referred to as "a district". Then they came up with that "Ladder District" nonsense and Boston officially outpaced New York in ridiculous real estate geography.

Back