Ugly Boston

Finally (hopefully). I lived up and across Linwood St for a few years and it was sad to look downhill to see that old place deteriorate. One of the columns even went missing during my tenure over there.

This week the BRA approved the eminent domain taking of 10 Linwood St, he historic Alvah Kittredge House that will be conveyed to Historic Boston Inc. and undergo a renovation.

Very cool ,I have photograph the outside of this building and the simular one accross the park,Always wanted to see the inside,I also live in a pillar house from 1831 in Dot center for the past 19 year's,So I have a high intrest in seeing these building's saved,thanks so much for share-n!

Cool! From Feb 2004 to Nov 2007, I lived diagonally across the street at #25 Linwood and could see it from my bedroom window. It seemed to just fall further and further into disrepair while I lived there. Nice to see something finally being done.

I don't seem to have privileges to upload photos, but I was on the Esplanade recently and noticed a modern apartment building facing out on the river that's much taller than the original brick buildings facing the river. It's all full length glass doors and windows and balconies, and sticks out like a sore thumb. Not inherently ugly - maybe - but totally out of place. Probably at Fairfield st.

I don't seem to have privileges to upload photos, but I was on the Esplanade recently and noticed a modern apartment building facing out on the river that's much taller than the original brick buildings facing the river. It's all full length glass doors and windows and balconies, and sticks out like a sore thumb. Not inherently ugly - maybe - but totally out of place. Probably at Fairfield st.

Imageshack.us, tinypic.com

Back