UMass Boston Residence Hall 1 | Columbia Point | Dorchester

Re: New UMass Boston student housing project

The cores on the dorms look very very close to being topped out.

Does anyone know what the brand new roadway is that was just put in that runs next to the campus center? It branches off of the rotary going next to the stair case and goes downhill and past Wheatley. This has been put in within the last 7 days.

Also

Does anyone know why the entire parking lot that used to be in front of Wheatley and next to the rotary is like a 7 story tall dirt pile?

Next up the track and former beacons lot is also an enormous dirt pile?

I looked at the masterplans and 1. theres too many to even know what one is the one they're using, and 2. I don't see any reasons for these on there. I know they're fixing all of the utilities on the campus, but that doesn't explain the new road, and I have absolutely no idea where such an extreme volume of dirt came from. Maybe its being stored here from digging the dorms foundations and also digging up multiple other places for utilities. That would be my guess. The new road I have no idea.

02124 do you know what the steel going up on the left of that picture above is? Ive been wondering that for weeks and have no idea. Looks like pilings for something, but for what I have no idea.

Does anyone know what the steel going up is here that is not the student housing? Ive been wondering this and cant find an answer.

In some of these photos, this is starting to look like Northeastern's West Village. Good aspiration in my book.

Back