W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

yeah but with a flatter top
020-15.jpg

Sometimes it is hard to believe that THAT is a W Hotel.

I've just returned from staying at the W in San Francisco. Although the W's location in San Francisco is superior to Boston's location (it's adjacent to SFMOMA), I think we will end up with a better W Hotel here. Architecturally speaking, the SF W is nothing to write home about. What really turned me off about the SF W was the hip modern Asian theme throughout the hotel coupled with this suffocating scent that they pump through the ventilating system. There is no escape from this scent. I can conjure up the smell even as I write this critique. It is in liquid form even on the elevators. The elevators have this kitch 3D Asian tree picture in purple, pink, and the chrome elevator doors are etched with a tacky semi-erotic tree scene with what appear to be naked women flying off the branches. The hotel itself was average at best, and while I'm at it, the bed was too hard and the credit card type room key was hard to work most of the time. If Boston's W Hotel sticks to its renderings then we will have a better W Hotel here.

^ I like critical discussion about other cities buildings. I'm a bit tired of the critical Boston reviews, although most are well founded. A little aspect never killed anyone. (Spelling not my forte, don't judge based on that. Some may know this. F spelling IMO)

^ I agree my spell ck dos'nt work when on this site,not even on my work computer! looking up a word here(on-line) or in a dictionary sucks! too time consuming. When I see spelling errors I assume someone is egar to have there comment read and I'm egar to read it! I don't care how it's spelled, just my opinion though!

yea nobody really cares much about spelling unless u tok lik DIS!!!!.

Boston02124, you take the best pictures, you deserve some kind of award. thanks.

^ I agree my spell ck dos'nt work when on this site,not even on my work computer! looking up a word here(on-line) or in a dictionary sucks! too time consuming. When I see spelling errors I assume someone is egar to have there comment read and I'm egar to read it! I don't care how it's spelled, just my opinion though!

Do you use firefox? Spell check works here for me.

The W rises up over the Gaiety Theater Esplenade.

616445356_45sQp-M.jpg

Backside of it isn't quite as nice... not awful though

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

My guess is that this appendage will function more as a wind break to protect hotel guests and passers-by from the gusts that will pour down the wide, flat facade.

For me, the changing colors are what's cool about the overhang!

^ me too,It will add to the theater district nite time feel,It also did green and red together. makes me wonder what they'll do to the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back