Watermark Seaport | 85 Seaport Blvd - Parcel K | Seaport

Re: Watermark Seaport (parcel K Seaport Sq.)/85 Seaport Blvd @ Seaport Sq./Seaport

Watermark%20Seaport%20Boston%201.jpg

Watermark%20Seaport%20Boston%202.jpg

Watermark%20Seaport%20Boston%203.jpg

Watermark%20Seaport%20Boston%205.jpg

Watermark%20Seaport%20Boston%206.jpg

Watermark%20Seaport%20Boston%207.jpg

Re: Watermark Seaport (parcel K Seaport Sq.)/85 Seaport Blvd @ Seaport Sq./Seaport

Theres no way that grey paneling on the front and back are the final product.... right?

Theres no way that grey paneling on the front and back are the final product.... right?

Looking at those photos (thanks xec!) I don't think it can be- I've never seen windows protrude from the facade on a finished product. (I'm assuming it'd be liable to leak?)

If that's the case, then thank gaud.

EDIT: ALSO:
13963785903_273d67c118_z.jpg

Looks like the grey will indeed be covered.

I'm going to be the pessimist here and say that I don't think the grey panels will be covered up... here's another rendering

60256_1393970895_3.5.14waterSZ.jpg

who cares about the grey panels, are you people blind to the amAzingness of this building?

who cares about the grey panels, are you people blind to the amAzingness of this building?

BOOM! Out of the gate on a tear! Welcome cats, enjoy the scrum.

I think people are seeing the difference between the HDR style saturated rendering that makes the taupe precast look more like blond wood in the rendering.

Also ... dont get too excited about peoples comments during construction. 9 times out of 10 the reaction to the building will be "hey ... that is better than I thought!".

Let it happen cat ... let it happen.

cca

Also ... dont get too excited about peoples comments during construction. 9 times out of 10 the reaction to the building will be "hey ... that is better than I thought!".

Unless it's Waterside Place.. then you have to hate it.

Unless it's Waterside Place.. then you have to hate it.

There are the few. That is true.

cca

16819780564_cbc45d7201_b.jpg

16819772504_06810ddaa4_b.jpg

16822024863_6040452a37_b.jpg

I'm just glad it isn't mirrored glass! Or red brick!

This one just feels off... I can't put my finger on exactly why.

I hope that the crown doesn't look like some Kentucky Derby hat.

One positive is that it adds some variation of height here.

I walked by this the other day and I really liked the color palette. The slate grey color in the pictures looks more black in person which I think Boston could use more of. Also the tan in the picture looks more like a toupe? I guess you'd call it, in person and it works for me anyway

Looks like this is turning into a 2nd downtown Boston - which is a good thing!
Now put some retail stores there also. :cool:

Back