Watermark Seaport | 85 Seaport Blvd - Parcel K | Seaport

Re: Watermark Seaport (parcel K Seaport Sq.)/85 Seaport Blvd @ Seaport Sq./Seaport

There were a number of owner requested changes that held it up.

Hopefully they did not request white precast :).

Saw you on the T the other day. Sorry I did not say hi.

cca

Re: Watermark Seaport (parcel K Seaport Sq.)/85 Seaport Blvd @ Seaport Sq./Seaport

Look guys! I'm marginally taller!

15498177584_9ae56b9b06_b.jpg

15934745697_dff49fbece_b.jpg

15934432779_715e0a49e5_b.jpg

16094701516_c7af8dd144_b.jpg

15933071908_f5c1610f8d_b.jpg

weird that there are old fashioned streetlamps around here - it would be nice if the city could put in new streetlights that instead of being faux victorian nonsense were hypermodern and snazzy... it's little things like that that make european cities cool when they do modern right.

FK4, I've noticed a number of different styles of street lamps around the Seaport/Fort Point Channel neighborhoods. Maybe as more new construction goes in, they'll try to unify them with the "hypermodern and snazzy" light's you mentioned.

On a separate but related note, I've noticed a lot of grey brick sidewalks going in around a couple projects that are finishing up (i.e. 100 Pier 4, Envoy Hotel). Is this by chance or is there some unifying design across the area? Seems to be very different from the red brick sidewalks we're used to seeing in Boston neighborhoods like the South End and Beacon Hill.

weird that there are old fashioned streetlamps around here - it would be nice if the city could put in new streetlights that instead of being faux victorian nonsense were hypermodern and snazzy... it's little things like that that make european cities cool when they do modern right.

The "Old Fashioned Streetlamps" are the Fort Point standard fixtures that come in single and double lamp varieties along Congress Street and Historic Fort Point. The Seaport has a mixture of "Harborwalk" fixtures (Seaport/Northern), more contemporary "Campo" fixtures (Maritime Park) and standard box fixtures (Summer/Haul). There isn't a unifying fixture standard, which may be a good thing. Some lighting hierarchy could help define sub-neighborhoods within the district.

The "Old Fashioned Streetlamps" are the Fort Point standard fixtures that come in single and double lamp varieties along Congress Street and Historic Fort Point. The Seaport has a mixture of "Harborwalk" fixtures (Seaport/Northern), more contemporary "Campo" fixtures (Maritime Park) and standard box fixtures (Summer/Haul). There isn't a unifying fixture standard, which may be a good thing. Some lighting hierarchy could help define sub-neighborhoods within the district.

Alexander -- it could be due to the fragmentation of property ownership / control and the relative independence of Massport

I'm sure that the BRA probably has done some study and as a result there must be a recommendation if not a mandate for a particular design standard for sidewalk materials and street furniture in the Seaport District on the streets completely under control by the City of Boston

However, the land Massport has leased to developers is controlled by Massport's own design standards

Alexander -- it could be due to the fragmentation of property ownership / control and the relative independence of Massport

I'm sure that the BRA probably has done some study and as a result there must be a recommendation if not a mandate for a particular design standard for sidewalk materials and street furniture in the Seaport District on the streets completely under control by the City of Boston

However, the land Massport has leased to developers is controlled by Massport's own design standards

The City and Massport have both studied this at various stages of the neighborhoods rise. Massport for instance conducted a fairly comprehensive set of design guidelines/standards back in 2004 for Commonwealth Flats. This work aimed to tie the non-BMIP Massport streetscape into the rest of the "neighborhood"... A neighborhood which didn't really exist back then.

I would assume the City and Massport have/are conducting two parallel exercises to study the lighting, paving of their own parcels and streets.

Precast is being hung on the south side (garage entrance off of Calvin Pl - facing Q Park).

picture.php

It looks like surplus panels from Channel Center.

Found these here - not sure if this is an old design or not, looks fairly similar to the other renders.

0607p5xwnvwjsrzf.jpg

37sroob5e22br90d.jpg

koaddzgg7bycnbzt.jpg

vijo2mgjn051489m.jpg

I noticed that precast panels on tower portion are starting to go up along Seaport Boulevard.

That is slightly disappointing. The roof deck section is gone.

Thanks for posting that.

Back