Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place

Yeah, sorry thought I was clear, but I was only thinking out loud as an option for the area. In line with Good Time, but a little more marketable for the area without all the hoo-haa of an ESPNZone. There has been nothing proposed ever as far as I know.

Whatever the eventual plusses and minuses of current construction it looks like the waterfront is finally getting it's long delayed development on.

Thanks for the pix BeeLine. Like how your photos of various projects condense what's happening into just a shot or 2.

Damn, I've always loved the Manulife/John Hancock building! With the spectacular views that many of the high rise apartment buildings have, I've always wondered why they didn't coat their buildings with glass curtainwalls to take full advantage of the views!

This website: http://www.watersideboston.com/ (the official one for the apartments?) seems to suggest that units will be available this fall. I know this project is moving fast but is that even conceivable? Old website?

This website: http://www.watersideboston.com/ (the official one for the apartments?) seems to suggest that units will be available this fall. I know this project is moving fast but is that even conceivable? Old website?

They could pull a W, and leave floors as shell and core and build them out as they get purchased... Still seems like that would be at least another year though from now.

No purchasing, this is a rental building. Partial occupancy is a little trickier but
not unheard of. My guess is the schedule on the project website is a little ambitious.

Thanks Beeline for the updates. I love me some recent pics!

With one side of a core facing open space, will there be windows in the elevator? Or is it more likely a stairwell?

I'm curious - why waste windows on either?

With one side of a core facing open space, will there be windows in the elevator? Or is it more likely a stairwell?

I'm curious - why waste windows on either?
Windows in the elevator lobbies. The elevators are arranged on both sides of the window. Think of a typical hotel elevator lobby where you have elevators on either side of you and a window in the center. A local example would be the Marriott: Cambridge Center.

Windows in the elevator lobbies. The elevators are arranged on both sides of the window. Think of a typical hotel elevator lobby where you have elevators on either side of you and a window in the center. A local example would be the Marriott: Cambridge Center.

Gotcha.

Nice pics Beeline. You beat me to the punch.

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

Anyone have any idea what the deal is with the core closest to us in this picture? It looks like the core is in line with the SW-facing facade. Will this stairwell have awesome views?

img14761p.jpg

Stairwell, probably not, but I'd guess that the residents/visitors will certainly have great views when waiting for/or exiting their elevator!! Been in many highrise residential buildings where there's a window on each floor's elevator landing (if that's what it's called) It's a wonderful bonus to highrise living in such a building!

Stairwell, probably not, but I'd guess that the residents/visitors will certainly have great views when waiting for/or exiting their elevator!! Been in many highrise residential buildings where there's a window on each floor's elevator landing (if that's what it's called) It's a wonderful bonus to highrise living in such a building!

I thought that at first too, but doesn't it look like the openings for the elevator are on the other end of the core. Meaning this will be dead space or stairwell? Maybe I'm just having trouble picturing the elevator landing...

^^^^^^^^^^
Could also be at the end of the hallway, been in a few buildings where that's the case!

Glass elevator with ocean view?
I've always wanted to push this button.....

Maybe they are going back to external fire escapes!

Back