Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place

Shit is thin...in the worst way possible.

Shit is thin...in the worst way possible.

The width is about the only redeeming thing about it. On the bright side perhaps we can retire the Kensington thread as the place to bitch about value engeneering...

I asked a friend at Suffolk about the panels. We'll see what she says or knows.

Is that precast truly that discolored or just dirty? If it's the latter, it needs to be cleaned ASAP. If it's the former... good god, that's just unacceptable.

Is that precast truly that discolored or just dirty? If it's the latter, it needs to be cleaned ASAP. If it's the former... good god, that's just unacceptable.

My earlier snarky comment aside, it's probably just dirty and will likely get a good pressure washing sometimes soon.

I'm not sure it matters. If it got that dirty in just a few weeks on site, it's probably going to be perpetually filthy.

She looks good at night! During the day, is her cladding as WHITE as it appears?

Ew, they did that texture alternating every couple floors on purpose.
She looks good at night! During the day, is her cladding as WHITE as it appears?
White would be good. It's a light grey, dirty looking cement color.

It looks like the fucking Kensington. But even more monotone.

Did they pre-grime some of those panels to make sure that the verisimilitude to the decaying housing blocs of 80s Eastern Europe was just right?

Did they pre-grime some of those panels to make sure that the verisimilitude to the decaying housing blocs of 80s Eastern Europe was just right?

This thing is just gross. Early leader for worst new development of 2013.

The Seaport had such promise at one time (It will always be the Seaport District to me)

Well, at least we can start to appreciate the Renaissance a sliver more.

Waterside is being developed by the same developing group that just presented Congress Garage Street Development? "HYM Investment Group"

It seems this will be their first project in the city of Boston.

Waterside is being developed by the same developing group that just presented Congress Garage Street Development? "HYM Investment Group"

It seems this will be their first project in the city of Boston.

Actually, it is being developed by The Drew Company. HYM was retained by Drew as a consultant:

HYM has been engaged by The Drew Company, Inc. to provide permitting, owner representation and apartment development advisory services for the project. Specifically, HYM is focused on i) assisting with the City of Boston's permitting process, ii) researching and recommending the appropriate unit mix, unit design and amenity package iii) advising on operational related items throughout the design and construction phases.

+1. Agree, and I should know: I spent 6 months this year and last living in a decaying early 80s Soviet housing block.

Back