Public Garden lagoon, today:

Boston-20120329-00128.jpg

Boston-20120329-00128.jpg
[/QUOTE]

^^ The true sign that the Boston winter is finished. ^^

^^ The true sign that the Boston winter is finished. ^^

Office -- No only a Haaaahbingaaaah of Spring -- when the Swan Boats return that's when you can be sure winter is over

It's going to snow tonight and possible Monday. Winter's back, bitches.

I was actually serious about both, I couldn't place them!

The second is what, coming out of the tunnel toward Faneuil Hall?

The first is ... I just don't know. The caption said "Artery over railyards" or something. It's North Station? Those are the off-ramps from 93? Srsly, I can't tell.

We can make this one harder by asking "what are the track numbers?" and "what year"?

This looks like the North Station platform area as viewed from the top/backside of the old Boston Garden. 4 drawbridges seem to clinch it, but where is Tower A? In the foreground is the old ramp from Leverett Circle to the elevated Central Artery (Fitzgerald). (c. 1951?)

If it is late enough to have an Artery ramp, where are the (stainless steel) RDCs? Why only dark colored trains?

Also how many numbered tracks were in service at North Station? Is that Track 1 on the far right (or some unnumbered track to the piers?) to track 23 on the far left? (with about 10 tracks later "taken" for Spaulding Rehab I)

Silverlight isn't working on my machine or I'd have already compared this to historicaerials.com

No, really, where am I?

These two images were in the film I mentioned about Tent City. They don't fit in there at all, they obviously weren't part of what eventually was built.

Any ideas?

Okay, I'm on a wild goose chase here but any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Someone sent me an email asking if I had any idea where this house might be located. He believes it is in the "Boston area". The image was received by him in the 1970s but, of course, the original looks to be much older.

LoYwWy9.png

QaZZiKF.png

bF2pMIi.png

KYH3yzN.png

T2e49bj.png

We can make this one harder by asking "what are the track numbers?" and "what year"?

This looks like the North Station platform area as viewed from the top/backside of the old Boston Garden. 4 drawbridges seem to clinch it, but where is Tower A? In the foreground is the old ramp from Leverett Circle to the elevated Central Artery (Fitzgerald). (c. 1951?)

If it is late enough to have an Artery ramp, where are the (stainless steel) RDCs? Why only dark colored trains?

Also how many numbered tracks were in service at North Station? Is that Track 1 on the far right (or some unnumbered track to the piers?) to track 23 on the far left? (with about 10 tracks later "taken" for Spaulding Rehab I)

Silverlight isn't working on my machine or I'd have already compared this to historicaerials.com

Details seem to match the 1955 aerial photo of the North Station area.

What is the long, linear structure in the background right -- running along the freight rail yards in Charlestown? There are two parallel structures like this in the aerial?

Back