Where am I? The photo contest

Woah, that one was tricky for me. I couldn't even see 99 High in it after I knew what it was until I turned my head 90 degrees and waited for the optical illusion to show the bays popping out instead of in. What a great photo.

12260937216_5070141e90_z.jpg

This is less "where am I?" and more "why the hell?"

Been wondering for awhile. Anyone know?

Comm Ave. in or just east of the Hotel Commonwealth in Kenmore Sq. That building has been mothballed since at least the mid 90's probably longer. I too wonder what the story is behind the condition of this building.

Super excited when I found this. Anyone else know? (Hint: almost every building in this picture still exists.)

7583988086_3e6fec141f_h.jpg

Allston Depot for sure. I LOVE how you can see the stairway leading to the tunnel that went under the B+A rail lines. Very cool pic!

I think the renovation/new glass might precede my time here. I only remember 99 High in its current state.

It happened within the last 5-6 years but couldn't pinpoint it for you

99 High Street! My favorite building downtown.

I like 99 High. It's simple but different. I also feel like it could be taller, it just looks kinda stocky at it's present hight. If it was upwards of 50 floors that would make it seem a little more slender, at least in my opinion.

Back