Where am I? The photo contest

Where is this bad boy?

11935007524_7060ae47e9_b.jpg

Oh! I notice these around the city (I've definitely seen two or three) because there's one on one of the banks in my hometown. Never thought it'd be useful for something, though... um...

I think this is 501 Boylston?

Oh what am I talking about...you're close enough, Downburst. It's actually on the backside of the Park Square Building, in the alley otherwise known as Providence Street and just off of Arlington.

Next one, and I'll give the hint that it's very close to the above example.

11934845863_61cc875228_b.jpg

old Liberty mutual building ? and who ever put that metal screw in the panel should have it drill into their head lol!

Blast! So close. Glad to know I was in the general area.

I've definitely seen those brass decorations before, but I don't remember where. My first guess was the party store on Boylston near Arlington, but I just checked Streetview and that wasn't it. Hmmm....

So the answer to the above brass is...... the Statler Hotel.

Next up is some more gorgeous 1920s brass:

11987961935_ccab78b048_b.jpg

Nope, it's outside. I'll give a hint: it's somewhere in Chinatown. (forget it, Jake)

Is that the building with the Art-Deco style signs near the highway on ramp? Kneeland Street?

The signs always struck me as very out of place.

^ You got it. 75 Kneeland. It underwent renovations a couple years ago and I think it was then that it got the overtly deco signage.

^ Is that down by the 93/Melnea Cass clusterfuck?

Here's another one...shouldn't be too hard.

11935400276_fd3b9d3a09_b.jpg

Ohhh Fire & Ice. Damn I was close. I thought the red awning was Talbot's.

Back