Winter Garden | 100 Federal St. | Financial District

The term "winter garden" is purely for their own marketing.

In that case, good thing only people on Archboston are calling it that, lol.

Doing some Googling, I see it's formally called The Exchange at 100 Federal St.:

http://www.mcsal.com/100-federal/

Isn't it nice when (nonexistent/imaginary) problems such as these resolve themselves?

DMB, nice find!! So whatever it's called, I find it to be a nice addition to the building and to neighborhood. I'm sure it will get plenty of use.

Trump Tower in NYC actually has a very nice winter garden attached to it.

Havent been since the incident though

In that case, good thing only people on Archboston are calling it that, lol.

Doing some Googling, I see it's formally called The Exchange at 100 Federal St.:

http://www.mcsal.com/100-federal/

Isn't it nice when (nonexistent/imaginary) problems such as these resolve themselves?

The pics in that link do NOT have the water feature discussed above and seen in other renderings.

c1ekck3h.jpg

KRDRb8hh.jpg

myxhZskh.jpg

2OJ0KEVh.jpg

DbRBV1jh.jpg

4BbhuZsh.jpg

Y8zANiih.jpg

SGUdrwJh.jpg

ArPyaZMh.jpg

It's open. I had lunch in the lobby and found myself unable to not look up and enjoy the view.

I think this is a home run, if you consider what used to be here.

Is it open to the public, or do you have to be a 100 Fed employee?

Just walked through, very nice! Has a Prudential center feel to it.

Additionally, it looks like there’s a 2 story space that is currently empty that would be a great place for a bar/restaurant with a roof deck overlooking P.O. sq.

This is:

a) A sterile lobby, which is only a valid thing to say because they chose to call it a "garden," and
b) definitely better than the nothing that preceded it.

It's not like it's a country club, guys. Developers understand that a thriving public experience at their properties is highly desirable to commercial tenants, which means they can command higher rents. (see Prudential Center Mall).

It's not like it's a country club, guys. Developers understand that a thriving public experience at their properties is highly desirable to commercial tenants, which means they can command higher rents. (see Prudential Center Mall).

Meet me at the Hancock observation deck tonight?

Back