Winter Garden | 100 Federal St. | Financial District

a year and a half to build this thing seems excessively long.

Does it? Depends on what caliber of food is going into the food court, perhaps? If it's Corner Mall redux (praying not obviously), just generic McDonald's, Sbarros, etc., then yeah, it seems long.

But... if they've signed some high-end/"big name" Boston-area celebrity chefs who want to use this space for "express" spin-offs (just my guess... otherwise, isn't this kind of a colossal waste?), then, aren't they probably being extremely finicky about their build-outs, all in the name of holy "brand protection"? And thus is it possible the construction's been deliberately slowed to accommodate said finickyness?

Just a thought....

But... if they've signed some high-end/"big name" Boston-area celebrity chefs who want to use this space for "express" spin-offs

this is exactly what I have been hearing. Even heard a rumor of a Island Creek Oyster stall/counter of some kind.

38725125771_75ac29d5a4_b.jpg

As part of these changes, the elevator lobbies are also being updated. Work is now underway on this.

Jeepers... I didn't realize how awful that was going to look from the back. It looks like a temporary thing on City Hall Plaza, but it's permanent.

Back