Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

BUILD IT NOW.

RQ2sbr2h.png

Imagine a similar height South Station Tower just to the right, and the 1 Congress Pelli Tower off to the left. The new Boston plateau for the 21st century! I'm OK with that.

Wouldn't be the first time the Bean was stolen/copied for a rendering.

Thought of this rendering when I saw it earlier. Cloud Gate is a cool piece, but Kapour's polished singularities are a bit too blingy for Ol' Dirty Boston. I'd prefer something grittier, a Richard Serra or another Howard Ben Tré (his work is integral to Post Office Square Park).

Well that didn't take long. Crews in yellow vests all over the site this morning. Geotech rigs were there much of last week.

It appears shorter than its supposed to be in many renders for some reason. With the case of 1 Dalton its just because theyre going off of the highest occupiable floor height. Here I dont remember them specifying that, only that it will be 691’. Is that floor height as well since its allowed 720 then when its built it will reflect this taller number?

It appears shorter than its supposed to be in many renders for some reason. With the case of 1 Dalton its just because theyre going off of the highest occupiable floor height. Here I dont remember them specifying that, only that it will be 691’. Is that floor height as well since its allowed 720 then when its built it will reflect this taller number?

691' is measured to "average grade."

It will probably appear shorter than MT as it sits lower than MT, assuming that's the benchmark you are using visually. The elevation difference is probably more than the 7 ft difference between the two.

So on the skyline MT will stay downtowns tallest building?

They will be "INDENTICAL."

AFTER it tops they'll mention 1 corner of the tower is 702'....

Odds we get the same color glass as MT? I don't know what I'd prefer, matching glass or differing glass. On the one hand, if they do match, they may complement each other rather well. On the other, it might become a symbol of MT "owning" the Boston development market...

Well that didn't take long. Crews in yellow vests all over the site this morning. Geotech rigs were there much of last week.

Just remember that BPDA has not signed off yet. BCDC is not a regulatory body--at least, not in the context BPDA is empowered. So by definition all those workers were only doing exploratory analysis and nothing which isn't covered by the mere demolition permit.

So what is it 691’ or 702’? Are the renders accurate and MT will be taller to the roof from sea level than this tower and taller on the skyline although shorter in actual height due to ground elevation?

Thursday lunchtime... the quiet before the storm

40101899560_b5f781bcf9_b.jpg

That's awesome.

Any Chance for a color version like you did on the MT thread?

Yes, here you go

28059419348_488b855da9_b.jpg

^^Thanks a lot!

690' main tower, 579' side piece. File this under "good enough" and let's build the damn thing already!

Yes build it.

690' main tower, 579' side piece.

Knocking the 2nd tower peak down from iconic height back to the plateau is a bit sad. We need more tall, slender features to balance out and enhance the appearance of our no-nonsense office buildings, and continue to create a serious, expansive Financial District. This was a mistake, imo.

^^Thanks a lot!

Yes build it.

Knocking the 2nd tower peak down from iconic height back to the plateau is a bit sad. We need more tall, slender features to balance out and enhance the appearance of our no-nonsense office buildings, and continue to create a serious, expansive Financial District. This was a mistake, imo.

A mistake perhaps, aesthetically--put perhaps creating that 100' separation was exactly what was needed to make the project work, economically, in terms of the required ROI the bankers/investors needed. Insofar as, assuming that 100' separation creates the "killer views" for the topmost luxury condos in the residential component, thereby allowing them to charge max $ per unit.

I think it looks better because that part is more hidden now so youll mostly just see the slender part of the main tower.

Back