Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

DBM

Reaction score
Of all the Winthrop Center perspectives that a pedestrian can glimpse from around Downtown, I like the one looking up Summer Street, near Fort Pt. Channel, the best, based on what I've seen so far.

The rising tower's two wings envelop 155 Fed. in a very pleasing way, to my thinking. To me, the looming bulk is inspiring and impressive and not out-of-scale...

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

RandomWalk

Reaction score
From a distance the brown tinting looks good, but up close it looks like cheap tinting applied to an IROC. It doesn’t ruin the building, but it’s going to annoy me when I walk past it.

393b40

Reaction score
From a distance the brown tinting looks good, but up close it looks like cheap tinting applied to an IROC. It doesn’t ruin the building, but it’s going to annoy me when I walk past it.
Is this based of photo observation or in person observation? The photo's here are great but sometimes don't capture things well. I need to swing by later and see for myself.

bakgwailo

Reaction score
Is this based of photo observation or in person observation? The photo's here are great but sometimes don't capture things well. I need to swing by later and see for myself.
I'd also imagine the windows are probably filthy at this point. Hopefully, look better once all is said and done and they get a good power washing.

rjacobs

Reaction score
Based on a quick floor count (c.25), the lower of the two halves has basically topped out, plus or minus the 'Residential Club' floor. All the remaining floors should be the narrower tower portion (floors 27-52):

Winthrop Garage Tower.png