Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

I'm surprised nobody posted this yet:

http://news.wgbh.org/2017/06/09/boston-public-radio-podcast/deal-reached-millennium-tower

They reached a deal to buy off friends of the public garden with proceeds from the condo sales. I don't know if this is additional money Millenium is kicking in, or just a portion of the money already promised to the city.

Since the Mayor doesn't have the details, I assume it's a donation directly from Millennium.

Does this mean that we don't need state approval ? Can we still cast shadows on Copley now?

Does this mean that we don't need state approval ? Can we still cast shadows on Copley now?

"The deal will be announced in a bill filed Friday afternoon in the Mass. Legislature."

Please read the article before asking questions.

FAA still the wild card.

At this point im sure a deal can be reached with the FAA & Massport too. Hey,this is Massachusetts politics we are talking about here. And Millennium does has deep pockets.

Can someone please please please find a picture of the look on the faces of local NIMBY's and post it out here after they found out they just got sold out by their supposed friends? :D

Can't wait to see the wailing about how Friends of Public Garden are really just corporate sellout whores.

$150M for the city, money for the common, public garden, and now greenway...it's unreal. Doing business in this city is like dealing with the cartel.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...quare-tower/3mcqxcBQZ1HQf92LVp9a5L/story.html

It's the city's land. They can demand whatever they want for it.

This isn't a situation where private developers are trying to get something built and the city is holding it up through the approval process and putting their hand out. The city is one of parties "doing business" in this case.

Good point...but usually you sell for a price then use the proceeds for city initiatives, not constantly allocating hypothetical funds with the developer before the money is realized. Just do it.

I'm very glad the city and parks are getting a lot out of Millenium. Remember when a lot of people were rightfully worried that the city was going to get screwed over by the BRA taking a lowball offer?

Good point...but usually you sell for a price then use the proceeds for city initiatives, not constantly allocating hypothetical funds with the developer before the money is realized. Just do it.

Agreed. Yes its good the city is negotiating aggressively. But these commitments are all essentially going to become off-budget expenditures (supported by off-budget revenue) for the city, which is not good fiscal hygiene.

:rolleyes:That guy is relentless.

Any update? Nothing on twitter-sphere.

"We need more time to study shadows." Only in Boston, ladies and gentlemen.

This whole thing with the shadows is just a thinly veiled attempt to extract more $$.

This whole thing with the shadows is just a thinly veiled attempt to extract more $$.

Nah. I actually think this political hack Gavin is a good guy. He wouldn't do that.

Back