Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Thanks for the pics, BeeLine.

Can a mod change this one to under construction?

Jesus!!!

Beeline; if it's ok with you i would like to repost up on Skyscraper City.

They originally planned top down construction here. Does anybody know if that has since changed?

Nice. Just as the CSC tower is finishing up, this one is starting.

Does this have all the approvals it needs? Sorry this thread has been irrelevant for a long time

Per the Globe article above it is all approved and ready to start construction. I will change the status as soon as stuff starts poking out of the ground.

Per the Globe article above it is all approved and ready to start construction. I will change the status as soon as stuff starts poking out of the ground.

Couldn't it be a year before we start to see any above ground construction? Didn't the article say this wouldn't be finished for almost 4 years?

I had a pretty good view of the Millennium Tower construction from my office at the time at 75 Federal and they worked down in that hole for a LONG time (and I am not talking about the stop and re-start of construction) before we ever saw any work reach above the ground.

It's the stop and restart of construction at Filene's that makes me hesitant to mark any project under construction until there is at least some actual building going on. I will probably change it long before it reaches ground level though. I'll admit it's all non-scientific and arbitrary but as of right now they are still going down rather than up.

BBJ says it has officially started...

An affiliate of Millennium Partners has closed on the $102 million acquisition of the 1.15-acre Winthrop Square site, and construction on two high-rise towers spanning a combined 1.56 million square feet has officially begun on the downtown Boston site.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...-partners-closes-on-102m-winthrop-square.html

They originally planned top down construction here. Does anybody know if that has since changed?

Yeah I remember that, too. Kind of hope they are still doing it as it would be nice to get visible progress sooner rather than later (and kind of safe guards at least against a hole in the ground for the next decade).

Thanks for the pics, BeeLine.

Can a mod change this one to under construction?

I've been on this site for years and have yet to see a project shown as 'under construction' or 'completed.' Where in the world does one see this on ArchBoston? I'm serious, I've been wondering this since a few weeks ago when guys were asking that projects be marked as under construction or completed. I've yet to see the designation anywhere.

It's the color of the little square next to the thread.

White = Proposed
Grey = Under Construction
Black = Completed
Red = Canceled

If you can't remember what a color represents, just mouse over it and it should pop up. Not sure about mobile.

It's not a great system but it's what we have to work with.

The Millennium Partners should have lost the bid on this location with the old switch aroo proposal.
Then factor in--
#1 SF situation--The handling of this situation--
#2 Selling condos for record prices they could have forfeited the 15 Million dollar tax break that city/state cronies approved
#3 Did not like how they switch out the original proposal for the revision of this site.

Would love to know the ROI on millennium tower boston.

It's the color of the little square next to the thread.

White = Proposed
Grey = Under Construction
Black = Completed
Red = Canceled

If you can't remember what a color represents, just mouse over it and it should pop up. Not sure about mobile.

It's not a great system but it's what we have to work with.

Haha, wow, thanks, Statler, I never knew!! So, then it took me another five minutes to figure out where the hell the squares are...Found em, finally!! btw, white and black are not true colors! ;)

I hope they don't make this a bulky building. 691' is tall enough for boston (tallest in downtown) but if its bulky it will detract from it.

Also Millenium Tower is a very pretty building, the renders for this look a lot less attractive.

Idk to me this is a very attractive tower aaaaaand.... its lit up at night! This is going to be amazing for downtown.

01.150.07.040.jpg

01.150.07.041.jpg

01.150.07.030.jpg

Gross ^ another stumpy looking box

It's nice to see the new towers in this city have opted to use mostly glass - modern and clean plus the towers will stand up very well over the long haul.

Back