Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

And seeing how they forgot the Patriots flag, I'll just assume the American flag represents the real "America's team"!
I was thinking the focus was on teams actively playing, but then the Celtics flag would need to come down, so perhaps you are right!

I was thinking the focus was on teams actively playing, but then the Celtics flag would need to come down, so perhaps you are right!
They were playing at the time. Time to replace it with a Patriots flag. They will be playing soon enough.

196CC2EF-56F0-4F39-98FB-DCE11B5A6DDB.jpeg

Because the NEW ENGLAND Patriots play in Foxboro, I think it might be a very conscious decision by the construction crews in the City of Boston to fly the city’s teams’ flags.

Last edited:
Because the NEW ENGLAND Patriots play in Foxboro, I think it might be a very conscious decision by the construction crews in the City of Boston to fly the city’s teams’ flags.
Doubtful. First of all, many, perhaps most of the crew don't live in Boston. Second, nobody thinks of the Patriots as not being a Boston team. The parades are in Boston, that's the city they represent. Occam's razor suggests it was the flags of teams actively playing, and nothing more complicated than that.

...Occam's razor suggests it was the flags of teams actively playing, and nothing more complicated than that.

^This, which is pretty much confirmed by the fact that they removed the Celtics flag upon their elimination from the playoffs, as seen in Boston02124's last pic.

I see that the stairs in front of the Melleneum Tower are open. What closed it, covid-19?!!

Yeah, from yesterday's pics looks like the Bruin's flag is now down. Pretty much confirms the actively playing idea.

The skyline from Blue Hills (^ post 5735) will look much different when Winthrop and SST are done. I suspect when Winthrop is near completion, SST should start going vertical. The cycle never ends.

Back