Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Thought this would feel taller…looks like one big glass blob from Arlington incl MT.
Yea agreed from some points north it doesnt look amazing. From south station and parts around Franklin st and surrounds it looks pretty damn cool though. Go stand at the base of MT and see what you think from there. What does the city really mean from a hill 15 miles away anyway?

What does the city really mean from a hill 15 miles away anyway?

15 miles is a long way. The Arlington view is only about 7 miles as the crow flies. 15 miles using a straight line is going to be outside of the 95 belt.

5.7.22 - Nice to be back home.

EDF307EA-81A6-443F-A93F-BE6F10C7D15D.jpeg
65CBB4B5-518C-40FF-8C8F-C1D1CCFDC6BF.jpeg

looks truly topped out now, with just glass left to go up (on the facade at least).

It's amazing how tall it looks from this angle, yet not so much or even mostly blocked from others. I never new the land varied that much in height. I guess they didn't do a great job with the landfill back in the day.

It's amazing how tall it looks from this angle, yet not so much or even mostly blocked from others. I never new the land varied that much in height. I guess they didn't do a great job with the landfill back in the day.

Well, I don't blame them for doing only an "ok" job back when they only had these tools, and with no idea Boston would turn into a spectacle from far away...
1652133969679.png

1652133984533.png

(These images were for primarily the construction of the West End, but the same is likely true for many other locations in Downtown)

When tall buildings such as this are being built, how in the world does the crane operator gain access to the cab?!! That thing is pretty high in the air!!! Holy moly!!! :eek:

Back