🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Its my understanding there won't be much visible progress over the next month-and-a-half to two months.

Their goals through March on the site as of 12/2016 are:

- Finish pouring the concrete slab for the ground floor
- Install preliminary drains, piping and waterproofing at ground level for future landscaping and utility work
- Frame and prepare for concrete slab pour for ground floor shear walls, 2nd floor slab and shear walls and 3rd floor slab and shear walls
- Install the climber for concrete pours

So 3 floors in 3 months. Things are going to be slow for just a bit longer, then it will shoot up.

http://www.1daltonconstruction.com/single-post/2016/12/28/November---December-2016-Progress

Is Landmark Center dead? Drove by today and its being eclipsed by the other projects coming along.

Is Landmark Center dead? Drove by today and its being eclipsed by the other projects coming along.

It's the same owner/developer (Samuels) as many of the other current projects in the Fenway. He only has so much capacity to develop at any time, so it makes sense for him to devote his resources the projects that don't displace active, paying tenants.

It's the same owner/developer (Samuels) as many of the other current projects in the Fenway. He only has so much capacity to develop at any time, so it makes sense for him to devote his resources the projects that don't displace active, paying tenants.

I read somewhere a few months ago Samuels is redesigning the project due to the fact they could not get Wegmans as the anchor.

With the great success where seeing on Boylston in Fenway, I have a few questions.

Is there a project/thread for the Tasty Burger parcel?

The Sweet Caroline's block (shitty one-block two-story low-rise)?

The parking lot at Ipswich & Van Ness?

Also, the Verb is being put to shame by all these beefy buildings going up. Their surface parking looks like an awful joke.

With the great success where seeing on Boylston in Fenway, I have a few questions.

Is there a project/thread for the Tasty Burger parcel?

Red Sox own it.

The Sweet Caroline's block (shitty one-block two-story low-rise)?

Owned by "Boylston Kenmore 1260 LLC" - not sure who controls that.

The parking lot at Ipswich & Van Ness?

Red Sox own it.

Also, the Verb is being put to shame by all these beefy buildings going up. Their surface parking looks like an awful joke.

Samuels owns it. I suspect it's somewhere in his development queue.

The Red Sox have been hinting at plans to develop some of their Fenway properties. We'll see what happens...

Any updates on the South Boston Dorchester Avenue Master Plan?

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=5272

Today is a very impactful day at the BPDA Meeting of the Board. w/ three big/huge impact projects up for approval.

1. Tremont Crossing for final board approval....
2. 111 Harrison Ave "Albany Block"...
3. 370-380 Harrison Ave.

Board meetings take on the appearances of formality. We know the fun takes place out of the public view with loud shouting matches and controversy. Insiders know projects are already approved. However, the risks of the process appearing "ingenuine" are greatly diminished if people come out to show support.

Example; Garden Garage was actually approved in November of 2015.

When opposition became too fierce, the project was tabled.

Then formally approved at the February Meeting of the Board.

Last edited:
total insanity has broken out at the Meeting of the BPDA Board.

For a moment there, i was worried they might run out of Boston Police officers.

update; here we go again; 4th major interruption...........

THEY NEED TO GET ABOUT 50 COPS UP HERE.

total insanity has broken out at the Meeting of the BPDA Board.

For a moment there, i was worried they might run out of Boston Police officers.

update; here we go again; 4th major interruption...........

THEY NEED TO GET ABOUT 50 COPS UP HERE.

WHY - What project is making such a stink?

The JP/Rox Planning Initiative and Tremont Crossing.....

it's descending into a full scale riot....

and who do you have to thank?

some Councilor by the name of Wacked Jackson.

he came in.... dropped his bombs.... and left.

Last edited:
CLF fires first legal volley against the Harbor Garage redevelopment.....

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...ofaro-tower/q71FrwwtAUuSNJEPcHZCuN/story.html

"It's time for the [People of Boston vs the CLF] in Suffolk Superior Court for obstructing the rights of the people to work, and families to prosper under affordable housing tax linkage. Volunteers wanted to launch the class action suit. It's time to send these as holes to the dustbin of history.

"It's time to bring the anti-nimby big guns from NYC and bring Armageddon upon the CLF once and for all. Enthusiasts; please drop me a mail at Boston2035@mail.com"

Last edited:
I get the impression the CLF would prefer Boston simply not exist. Or any development for that matter. They're out of control. The motivations of anyone opposing the removal of that garage in favor of major development should be suspect.

If you feel that way, let's start an effort to bring a suit in Suffolk Superior or SJC....

An NYC dream team can stop the CLF using any number of powerful legal tactics, not the least of which being the MHP is a long-studied, thoughtfully produced document that benefits the people of Boston and the Commonwealth... The courts will back it all the way......

if anything the CLF's efforts will only act to expose their fraudulent motives, and anger the courts even more.

http://www.nhi.org/online/issues/fairhousingmonth.html

I remember the Boston medical center area had plans for multiple new large buildings, including a ~25 story tower. Is anything going on with any of this? It's been a while since I heard any news.

I remember the Boston medical center area had plans for multiple new large buildings, including a ~25 story tower. Is anything going on with any of this? It's been a while since I heard any news.

BMC maintains a website where they post updates; some of the tabs off of this page contain overviews explaining why they're doing al this, a timeline, and some renders. I don't see anything about a 25 story owed, but I only skimmed it a bit.

https://www.bmc.org/about-us/campus-redesign

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=3965&highlight=albany+tower

Is that the one youre talking about? Last I heard they were remolding the existing buildings first and then building the tower.... I think the rehab was finished last spring/early summer

Yes, that's exactly the one! Thanks!

BMC maintains a website where they post updates; some of the tabs off of this page contain overviews explaining why they're doing al this, a timeline, and some renders. I don't see anything about a 25 story owed, but I only skimmed it a bit.

https://www.bmc.org/about-us/campus-redesign

Also an interesting link, thanks!

The Building Dept has figured out how to put up a tower in Boston.

propose every building 29-35 stories. then build 20-23 stories.

The problem is, they all need to go 29-35.

Update on Copley place tower, from Simon Property Groups earnings call.

The $10.87 exceeded our initial guidance range of $10.70 to $10.80, even after the impact to our FFO of the $0.08 charge we recorded in the fourth quarter due to our decision to postpone the construction of the Copley Residential Tower.
We are excellent project managers and had obtained 14 out of the 15 required approvals needed to proceed with the tower and expected to get the last one, but unfortunately, the goalpost kept moving. The change in the project approval dynamics and the uncertainty of receiving the last approval, combined with the rapidly rising construction cost and our heightened concern about supply in the Boston residential market, prompted us to postpone the project and take the charge. While write-offs of development costs can occur in the real estate business, it is rare for us to experience a charge of this size and we're not pleased about it.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/404...-spg-q4-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript

Back